15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
You scored: 12 / 15
Total points: 120
The average score for this quiz: 8 / 15

This is on your quiz...now lemme take the other ...

·
Registered
443 Posts
14/15 on your quiz
10/10 on the other one, well really 9/10 but this was the 2nd time
but i was technically correct on the answer the first time but they weren't specific enough to say that it wasn't in a real points race. Oh and am I to crazy about a supposedly boring family sedan, I hope not. lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
You scored: 15 / 15
Total points: 150

You scored: 7 / 10
Total points: 70
The average score for this quiz: 5 / 10

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
14 out of 15 on your quiz (I could swear I saw somewhere that the Sable had an MT-5 option on the wagon or something in 86 or 87... I'll have to look that one up), and 7 out of 10 on the harder quiz. I failed all the NASCAR questions, since I don't watch NASCAR.

*in announcer voice*
And Rusty Wallace takes a left sweeper... and another left... and another left... and another left...

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
On the first one (not as hard one):
You scored: 13 / 15
Total points: 130

I thought I read somewhere that Sable had an MT-5 -like package as well.

On the harder one:
You scored: 7 / 10
Total points: 70
The average score for this quiz: 5 / 10

I missed the NASCAR questions except when the Taurus was introduced into NASCAR (of course, the Thunderbird ended production in 1997...that leaves 1998 the year that they'd need a replacement).

S

·
0 Posts
10/10!!!

(first try on the second test)

The second (harder) test has stuff about nascar, I don't think Nascar should be on the test..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
15/15 for yours (too easy!)

The other one was trouble for me... 6/10. I was mislead by the question about the original name for the Taurus. Ford supposedly HAD considered "Lumina" for the name of the new FWD sedan, but later decided against it. Of course when I read the answer, I realized why that was wrong.

*EDIT* Found a link! It says that Ford originally considered Lumina as the name. That's not where I heard it originally, but at least I don't feel like my memory is shot now.

And I agree, that stuff about NASCAR really has nothing to do with any street legal Taurus or Sable. My car is FWD, not RWD, dammit!

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
You scored: 14 / 15
Total points: 140

Yes Racer X I agree, I could swear i have looked at a 4 banger wreck of a sable before. Hmm... ITs a conspiracy. Ben goes and hides.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, according to this Ford book I have, the Sable was offered the 4-banger with a 3-speed auto in the first few years, but was never offered the manual gearbox.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts