Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
If anyone wants leather shift knobs the local JY has several, I just need to know. Black, gray, and cranberry.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
If anyone wants leather shift knobs the local JY has several, I just need to know. Black, gray, and cranberry.
Speaking of leather, I plan on um, relocating, a black leather conti interior into my bull :rolleyes2:

Since my bull lacks power seating (but I'm fairly sure I have all the connectors I need), do I need to pull the track too? Or is the motor attached to the seat?

Also I know the back seat isn't exactly the same, and I'm going to investigate if it can be swapped without too much trouble. Otherwise a black vinyl rear bench from a SEL is going in there. After all, it's pleb seating anyway. The captain chairs up front is the main goal here B)

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
It's been done I believe. You would need the track, yes.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
It's been done I believe. You would need the track, yes.
G4 Bulls power seat and Lin Cont 99-02 share the same seat track. But wires are quite different. Pic of Sable track with it's sensor on the motor that tells the air bag where the seat is, front to back. The Lin Cont uses weight sensor and the motors have memory sensors which are different.

Lin Cont's usually have bad gears due to the memory running back and forth under driver's weight, and back access for entry/exit. I have the Sable seat in the pic as I have 2 Sables with this color and one of mine needs replacement. My Lin Cont power seat gears are on their last legs. If they fail I will put this Sable track on the Lin, keeping the Lin Wires and memory etc.

-chart-

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
G4 Bulls power seat and Lin Cont 99-02 share the same seat track. But wires are quite different. Pic of Sable track with it's sensor on the motor that tells the air bag where the seat is, front to back. The Lin Cont uses weight sensor and the motors have memory sensors which are different.

Lin Cont's usually have bad gears due to the memory running back and forth under driver's weight, and back access for entry/exit. I have the Sable seat in the pic as I have 2 Sables with this color and one of mine needs replacement. My Lin Cont power seat gears are on their last legs. If they fail I will put this Sable track on the Lin, keeping the Lin Wires and memory etc.

-chart-
Hmm, interesting. I wonder if it's possible to move the Lincoln seat and back cushions to a manual or automatic, Gen 4.5 track? That would likely be a lot easier to deal with. I'm not really concerned about porting over the seat memory functions or anything like that. I just want that sexy leather.

I also have access to decent condition SHO seats so I guess I have to think about which swap I want to do. Thanks for that information though. I figured it would be mostly plug and play.

After a bit of digging, yes, the Conti seats will bolt right onto a Bull seat frame. So the plan is go then. 05 SEL power seat frame with Lincoln Leather :icon_cool:

I'll be starting a project log very soon so you guys can see the results.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Checked out a local junkyard today. Jackpot.

Wow, there were at least half a dozen Gen 4 Taurii in surprisingly good condition! There was even a 2nd Gen SHO in great shape, but with a blown engine, and a really clean 1 st gen.

I found a leather interior in excellent condition, the tweeters from the Mach stereo system, not to mention a wiring harness for my my TBird and a good bench for my truck. Now I just gotta get the money for them! :lol2:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Random cool oldies that were scattered around. I've always liked junkyards, used to cut through one on my way home from grade school. I know, I'm weird.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Makes me appreciate my lcal JY.
Not a blade of grass or weed inside the fence. All crushed stone surface. New intakes on the internet site and on Row52.

-chart-
This is an old family owned yard out in the middle of nowhere, but he usually has good stock! Plus he lets you go out and look around the yard, lots of places around here don't let you do that any more.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
This is an old family owned yard out in the middle of nowhere, but he usually has good stock! Plus he lets you go out and look around the yard, lots of places around here don't let you do that any more around here.
Sucks. I only go to U pull it yards so I can just chill and explore the cars to my hearts content.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sucks. I only go to U pull it yards so I can just chill and explore the cars to my hearts content.
Oh yeah! If they won't let me in the yard, I only go to them as a last resort. Never know what you're going to find when you dig around.

When they ask me what I'm looking for: "Well, I need a SBC or possibly BBC for my 85 C10, a bed in decent shape for it, possibly some interior stuff, a 4.6 DOHC for my TBird, a V8 engine harness for it, maybe some leather seats, the gauge surround from the dash, discs and calipers from a Mustang, rear dif and LCA's from a Mark VIII, leather seats for my Sable, a Mach stereo system maybe, thicker sway bars, and who knows what else I might come up with. Becky needs a transfer case from a 95 2500 Chevy, Joe needs front hubs from a 66 Sport Fury..."

They usually just say "OK..." :lol2:

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Oh yeah! If they won't let me in the yard, I only go to them as a last resort. Never know what you're going to find when you dig around.

When they ask me what I'm looking for: "Well, I need a SBC or possibly BBC for my 85 C10, a bed in decent shape for it, possibly some interior stuff, a 4.6 DOHC for my TBird, a V8 engine harness for it, maybe some leather seats, the gauge surround from the dash, discs and calipers from a Mustang, rear dif and LCA's from a Mark VIII, leather seats for my Sable, a Mach stereo system maybe, thicker sway bars, and who knows what else I might come up with. Becky needs a transfer case from a 95 2500 Chevy, Joe needs front hubs from a 66 Sport Fury..."

They usually just say "OK..." :lol2:
I just say "Ford stuff" and they point me to where the Fords are. Works for me, lmao. I think the question is just used to gauge how mechanically inclined you are and if your'e just going to break everything you touch and buy nothing. The yard I go usually I've been to so many times that they know me by name and don't even ask anymore, lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
X2 on what ice445 said. I frequent three yards and all let me in. Two yards are very organized with like models together.
I know all of the interchange with the old style Ford trucks (80-96) now I'll have to learn about these cars.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I thought those images where from Shamrock Tx. There is an old JY east of town with a lot of old stuff like that. Never seen so many Edsels.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
About this Discussion
78 Replies
22 Participants
chartmaker
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing