Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need a thread that covers Taurus/Sable junkyards finds. Many of us see Taurus/Sable parts in our various junkyard excursions that we may not be interested in, but others might. Not looking for run of the mill stuff, but things like cars with black interiors, OEM splash guards, Gen4.5 door panel inserts, SHOs, Taurus Sports, Platinum Sables, Eibach springs etc.

Just a quick post on the item(s), year (if known), general condition, and location.

Right now, I have 2 Tauruses with black interiors near me. One of them recently donated its steering column shroud to Bull Geek.

Just my thought for the weekend.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I saw 2 gen 2 sho's, one white, one green, white one was 99% complete, green was 90%.
I have pics sadly I can't post em.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
At the Up Pull It lot in Riverside IL. has.....
A Gen 3 SHO (minus the seats I took)
2 Black Bulls with Midnight Black interiors
A Platinum Sable complete with side badges & the Platinum Radio Bazel...no shifter console.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Still waiting for a silver gen 3 SHO to appear here somewhere so i can get the nose. There's lots of good hoods and lights for the swap but I want the nose and rockers.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gary's U-Pull-It in Binghamton NY has an 03 & 05 Taurus with black interiors, one leather, one cloth. Both very clean, except for the driver's seat on the leather one (lots of cracks). The cloth version is missing the steering wheel shroud. The 05 has a woodgrain steering wheel & console shifter knob.

Also, lot's of Gen 4.5 door panel inserts in gray, beige, and black. Both cloth and leather. Not too picked over, yet. Some woodgrain window switch trim as well.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My cellar's a self service salvage yard, lol!
I'm trying to prevent mine from becoming one!

I always see things and think "I bet someone would like to have that". But, what if I don't sell it? Then, it all starts to pile up after a while. But, cars don't stay forever in most U-Pull-It places. So, you might only get one shot.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I find if I have an abundance of good spare parts for my older cars the originals just won't fail (murphy's law) but storage can be a chore. But I won't give in, I saw twice a 98 sable tec with 72,000 miles piled in the rear in the chilliwack pick a part. On half price day I could get them both eng. tranny $175.00 or I'll talk to my bud and get a rain check date like last time on the AX4S. And then I'll have an engine and tranny sitting around in the way. Ahh I'll do Eng. mods and tranny press. line alts. for fun. I've spent plenty of days from 10:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m. at the yard either scoping and nit parting or removing bigger items after scoping them from previous visits all worth while for these cars. God I even used 02 sensors from the J.Y. on my topaz vulcan and 92 GL.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
I find if I have an abundance of good spare parts for my older cars the originals just won't fail (murphy's law) but storage can be a chore. But I won't give in, I saw twice a 98 sable tec with 72,000 miles piled in the rear in the chilliwack pick a part. On half price day I could get them both eng. tranny $175.00 or I'll talk to my bud and get a rain check date like last time on the AX4S. And then I'll have an engine and tranny sitting around in the way. Ahh I'll do Eng. mods and tranny press. line alts. for fun. I've spent plenty of days from 10:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m. at the yard either scoping and nit parting or removing bigger items after scoping them from previous visits all worth while for these cars. God I even used 02 sensors from the J.Y. on my topaz vulcan and 92 GL.
Used O2? what a coincidence.
I got one today, Sensor #2 and the bank #2 is easy but the sensors are tight. I used a box end wrench, lay on my back on a trunk liner and used my foot. My '01 not so tight.

Stuck in a chart of my peformance on Sensor 2's after. Maybe the new one from some past is a tick better, but gonna sell this car. So, then $11.81 including core :lol2: and then 10% discount due to Monday, and then 8% tax on that and, well good deal. And my donut spare, same as new, $9.99 less 10% and then 8% tax. No big deal. No core on donut.

I did not have a high expectation on the O2 but can't loose them all. Myrphy's law is hiding in the bushes out there somewhere.

Happy JY visit.

-chart-

·
Registered
114 Posts
Tony's in Haverhill MA had quite a few Gen1 and 2's when I was there last fall, didnt check for any special options but got a like new gas tank, front and rear struts, front hub, rear front to rear axle location bars, etc. Did a major overhaul on the 92 Taurus and 95 Sable. It seems that Murphy strikes just after owners installed those parts!
The problem in this area is that most yards cleaned out most older stuff when the scrap prices were way up, vehicles earlier than the 90's are almost all gone.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Lin Cont Cable set, nice condition. $10.
Will replace my '03 Sable, bought used last summer, cables corroded but not very good even after cleaning. Direct interchange, but 2 wire sizes heavier, ~60% more capacity.

Chance of finding good cable set, any car, slim. Lucked out this time.

-chart-

·
Registered
11 Posts
V8 at Va Beach Pick n Pull

I didn't look too closely, but the first car on one of the rows there today was a V8 Taurus. I'd never gotten a good look at one before, but didn't have time to gawk today. Thought I'd pass the info along in case anyone was interested.

·
Premium Member
7,300 Posts
Chart, just so you know, the mach 6x8 speakers are exactly the same as the standard speakers. :)

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Chart, just so you know, the mach 6x8 speakers are exactly the same as the standard speakers. :)
Just checked, they are different.
Mach have a block inductor in the line. That in theory lowers the response on high freq while the tweeters have a cap in line to increase response in higher ranges. I looked at the JY today. First glance no difference, but then I noted the difference in the door 6X8.

For the record.

I did not check the rears but that is not my concern.

Finding a good car has been something else. Months since anything showed up. But I was looking for the autolamp dash module. I figure half and half good at the JY. Two cars with modules, $2 per, got both. Easy pull.

-chart-

·
Premium Member
7,300 Posts
Yup, you're right Chart.
The rears are the same but the front are different because of the addition of the tweeters. :)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
About this Discussion
78 Replies
22 Participants
chartmaker
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing