Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Old Memories

G1 White BasketWeave Wheel Picture for The Encyclopedia :thumb:

That pic brought back memories. I bought a '87 beside the road private, abused by lack of maintenance, but quite clean and I was struck by the appearance. Real Classy for it's time. Same trim as your pic.

Would not idle, bad battery, stuck PCV and sludged engine. I fixed it and drove it a while on the road, gave to my daughter for graduation, she moved about 1300 miles away, and I traded her a '90XL Taurus for it, drove it on the road, gave it to my older duaghter, finally took it back and traded her my '92 Sable, drove it some more and sold it.

As to the wheels. I had a '92 Sable with the same wheels but in silver. Had an identical '92 Sable but it had wheels like everyone else.

I know there are non standard cars all around. I got one in my drive. '02 Lincoln which is Sable color, two tone leather, black grille, 5 passenger with 6 sets of seat belts, and such. I could do with out those items. Exact same color as my '01 Sable. And I bought the Lin new off the lot. Whole list of options, NC.

Oh well, and, my '87 had digital dash.

Happy motoring.

-chart-

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #106

·
Registered
1 Posts
1996 Ford Taurus White Exterior, Gray Interior 13,000 miles on Brand New Engine with Warranty, Rebuilt Transmission. Automatic all Power-Windows, steering, Power sun roof tinted windows AC works as does heater...Stock Radio with Cassette and has a factory 6 disc changer. Good used Vehicle drives great

·
Registered
75 Posts
What's interesting is that the Wagons could have black B-pillars (early) and regular ones (later).

The sedans had cornering lights except for the L.

The MT5s could either have black B- and C-pillars like the rest of the Taurii or body-colored B and Cs like the later SHO. The MT5 Wagons had black B-pillars like the early wagons.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I see this hasn't been updated in a while. When school lets out at the beginning of June I wouldn't mind taking the time to do that, I just need someone to tell me how to do it.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
109 Replies
36 Participants
TaurusSHO
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing