Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Someone needs a hug :bunny: (it's warm and fuzzy and cute... close? :p)

So merci et felicitations pour ça. :)

:bowdown: to the all-knowing deities of Taurus and Sable.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
This is a random thing, but in the Spotter's Guide for Gen3:

It says that Ford deleted "Foot well lighting" during the switch from early-99 to regular 99 models, along with:

Glove compartment light
Tint band on the top of the windsheild.
Low coolant sensor
Rear speaker grilles
SARC (SHO Only)
Rear sway bar (except on SHO and Sport models)

I can confirm that whereas I do have the tint band, rear speaker grilles, and glove compartment lighting, I do not have footwell lighting at all. I have a 10/98 build on my Taurus. Foot well lighting was cut after 1998. So no 1999 has this option. Just thought I'd let someone know.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
According to the TSB on this the speaker grilles were only deleted on the Taurus. I guess they're just... grilles that go over the speaker as opposed to having them under the fabric.

My brother keeps his '97's rear deck covered in junk so I've never seen them.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
what do you mean by grills, cause i think my sable has them as well
[/b]
The speaker grille is the mesh looking thing that is above the speakers in the back of the car used for protection of the speakers along with allowing sound to pass through easier than carpet covering.

1996-1998 I believe had the speaker grilles that could pop out, so you could access your speaker without taking everything apart. Early 1999 had speaker grilles that were attached to the carpeting. 1999 regular and onwards for the Tauri did not have speaker grilles.

Some of the 1996 Sables IIRC had (instead of the Taurus 2 speaker grille cover) one large one that covered both speakers and the JBL sub

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'll make the changes, thanks for letting me know :thumb:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I also wanted to add to the information here that my Sable has a blue tint at the top of the windshields, so I guess that Sables were not affected by this cut but Tauruses were for 99

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
The bulletin said the tint band was removed on "some vehicles", so who knows what that meant.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Anybody know where a list of 04/05 Taurus and Sable exterior colors can be found? The encyclopedia only goes to 1999 if I am not mistaken. Any suggestions on where to find such information? Maybe I'll go to the Ford and Mercury dealer tomorrow and ask them if they have any old literature. Might be able to dig something up on colors for those years.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Anybody know where a list of 04/05 Taurus and Sable exterior colors can be found? The encyclopedia only goes to 1999 if I am not mistaken. Any suggestions on where to find such information? Maybe I'll go to the Ford and Mercury dealer tomorrow and ask them if they have any old literature. Might be able to dig something up on colors for those years.
[/b]
http://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/Ord...ides/index.html Download the year you'd like.

·
Banned
2,124 Posts
hey i was just looking over the encyclopedia and remembered that the rear door trim (around the windows) on the g3 sable and wagons changed sometime between 97 and 98. also i have all of my original 1990 literature if you want any of it. i have warrenty book, maintenace schedule, manual (fell appart page by page lol perfect for scanning) i also have an owners packet out of an 03 i think with all the same info.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Well manuals for '96 and up are already in a nice PDF format available from Ford. If you want to submit all the documentation for the '90, you need to scan (200dpi) and resize the image (900px widest side) with each page a separate image.

All G3/G4 stuff should be directed to Bull Geek.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nick986 and I started this project to help everyone with identifying the Taurus/Sable. We made this basic guide for the newbies so they know what Gen and motor they have. First thing's first, yes we know about the individual changes that happenes every few years and that is not shown in this guide (For example- different taillights and front clip on '96/'97 and '98/'99 models are not shown in this guide, but will be on the advanced version). This is a simple guide for quick ID by body style and engine. And another thing, an '04 is a G4. It's not a G5 or a G4.5. If it was a G4.5, then the '99/'98 would be G3.5. See, it's kinda confusing, ain't it? So we tried to make this as simple as possible. We are working on an advanced guide with the different changes, but it's not gonna be totally indepth down to the point on what options the cars get in the different trim levels. Just the simple stuff to quickly ID the car. So, don't anyone freak out with all the technicalities.

http://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/Basic.html

*** Edit 12-23-04 ***

Thanks to Adam B. for hosting the guide on the TCCA server!

Now there's an easy to remember link!

G1 and G2 year-by-year guides are done. Specifications, engines, and transaxle pages are done. We will be adding little things now and then so it's not absolute.

Main Page:
http://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/index.html

Latest Updates:
http://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/Update.html
Where does one find an explanation of the various groupings by year, model etc.? I have a 2002 Taurus with the 3.0L OHV engine which I'm told is a G4? Is it anything else? What's a Vulcan and Duratec?

thanks
Bill

81 - 100 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
109 Replies
36 Participants
TaurusSHO
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing