Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Amazing how different a 86 door panel is from a 06...wow.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Lower part of the bumper.
1986-1988
[/b]
This is the front end of a 1989-1991 Gen 1, FYI.

Additionally, in the encyclopedia, a SHO 3.2L V6 is incorrectly pictured as illustration for a 3.0L SHO V6. With the exception of CA, the 3.0L SHO V6 had no EGR, no DPFE, and the coil pack sat horizontal rather than canted forward.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Actually both the SHO V6 use the same picture. I would use a separate picture if someone wants to submit one, but frankly I've lost a lot of interest in this project.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Updated:
http://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/Update.html

Unfortunately, the server is having problems. I am still getting permission errors, but it's only for some files. I don't get why. Some files upload fine, while others are being denied. It doesn't matter what the extension is (ie- some HTML files are allowed, yet others aren't despite the same extension) and it doesn't matter if I'm overwriting or not. I have some cool stuff to share, but unfortunately I cannot upload them.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
oh i meant to tell you on that. I cannot get any better pictures with my HP all in one scanner in terms of that grainyness at all. I think something is wrong. I can get larger sizes, but not better pictures. I'm going to have to go to the library when i get a chance

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Gen 4 text is updated and posted. :banana: Special thanks to Qwerty to fixing some typos I had, and somehow making it upload. I can't do uploads on my end.

If I think of more stuff, it'll get updated. Pictures will be slowly added as well.

http://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/G4/index.html

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Are you going to add something about early 2000 trim levels?
[/b]
I think I have, but is there something you think I should cover specifically?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
SE SVG and SE Comfort :dunno:

I didn't know if you wanted to mention any of that or no....
[/b]
Ahhh I see what you're saying. Good idea, I'll add that in :thumb:

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Thought the LS Monochrome Edition got those.
[/b]

Yep. From the encyclopedia:

"Standard Features and Options: Taurus | Sable
No major change from the previous year.
The HSC 2.5L I4 and 3-speed automatic transaxle was dropped as the standard drivetrain in the Sables. All Sables now had the Vulcan 3.0L V6 with the 4-speed automatic transaxle (AXOD).
This was the only year the Sable offered the LS Monochrome Edition. It was basically an LS with body-colored bumper, side trim, and basketweaves."

AND the SHOs got them as well:

"The 1990 SHO's Basketweaves were slightly revised. It had duller finish and had a special "SHO" center cap. Some even had the wheel painted black with a polished aluminum outer rim. White cars could be ordered with white wheels."

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I should know that. :pat:

:eek:wned:

But seriously, we don't even get a congratulations for finally getting the G4 page up? No wonder I lost interest for 6 months. :angry: At least at work I get paid for doing stuff like this AND I get praises. And the servers lets me upload whatever I want when I want it.

</rant>

61 - 80 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
109 Replies
36 Participants
TaurusSHO
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing