Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I finally got around and updated the Gen 3 page :) I still have a few things to add here and there (like pictures, fix links, etc) but otherwise the layout now matches the rest of the site. Feel free to check it out: http://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/G3/index.html

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The MACH Audio System replaced JBL sound system which does not require a center-mounted sub-woofer under the package tray. The MACH Audio System is CD-compatible, as opposed to the previous JBL. The ICP contains the controls for the 6-Disc Compact Disc Changer, even if the vehicle is not ordered with it. The CD Changer can be added to the system at a later time if desired. The CD changer can be mounted to the vehicle and connected to the Rear Control Unit (RCU) with a jumper harness. After November 1996, all audio systems will be CD-compatible, with the CD controls in the ICP and RCU, except for the base (i.e., non-cassette) system. If the CD button is depressed on a vehicle without the CD Changer installed, the ICP will display "NO DJ." On vehicles with the CD Changer installed, the ICP will display "NO CD" if there is no CD in the magazine or the magazine is not in the CD Changer.
Whoa there turbo! I don't think that's all relevent information. Looks like I gotta do some editing.

And a PDF of the Vulcan engine? What's that contain?

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@May 4 2005, 08:14 PM
The MACH Audio System replaced JBL sound system which does not require a center-mounted sub-woofer under the package tray. The MACH Audio System is CD-compatible, as opposed to the previous JBL. The ICP contains the controls for the 6-Disc Compact Disc Changer, even if the vehicle is not ordered with it. The CD Changer can be added to the system at a later time if desired. The CD changer can be mounted to the vehicle and connected to the Rear Control Unit (RCU) with a jumper harness. After November 1996, all audio systems will be CD-compatible, with the CD controls in the ICP and RCU, except for the base (i.e., non-cassette) system. If the CD button is depressed on a vehicle without the CD Changer installed, the ICP will display "NO DJ." On vehicles with the CD Changer installed, the ICP will display "NO CD" if there is no CD in the magazine or the magazine is not in the CD Changer.
Whoa there turbo! I don't think that's all relevent information. Looks like I gotta do some editing.

And a PDF of the Vulcan engine? What's that contain?
I have that PDF. Contains every specification you could possibly ever want or need to know about on the Vulcan 3.0L Engine.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I know this has taken about 11ty billion months, but look for a Gen 4 section this weekend folks B)

..And...if my 667 Celeron computer at home can, I'll see if I can scan all these damn brochures:

Taurus: 88, 97, 98, 00, 02, 04, 05
Sable: 95, 97

I'm heading home for fall break on Wends aftn, so I'll bring the external HD with me, and save all the scans onto it. Theres no chance in heck I'm bringing my desktop home, too much of a hassle.

Too keep me company while scanning these brochures, I have about 10 hours of Family Guy recordings to watch. I think Ed introduced me to Family Guy, and now I'm addicted :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
For the Gen IV spotters guide I'd like to know what year they quit putting the lock (keyhole) on the passenger door. I know the 01 has them. But I have seen some cars with the 00-03 body style that don't have keyholes on that door. It'd be nice to know if that's a difference between the years, or if it's a midyear change.

I haven't seen any 04+ with keyholes on the passenger side.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Apr 1 2006, 02:44 PM
For the Gen IV spotters guide I'd like to know what year they quit putting the lock (keyhole) on the passenger door. I know the 01 has them. But I have seen some cars with the 00-03 body style that don't have keyholes on that door. It'd be nice to know if that's a difference between the years, or if it's a midyear change.

I haven't seen any 04+ with keyholes on the passenger side.
Any Taurus built after 12/1/2002 lost the passenger side keyhole.

On a different note, Alex and I are still awaiting our user name and password to gain access to the server so we can upload the new stuff. I have a basic Gen 4 waiting, but it's going to have to sit and wait on my HD until I get the necessary logon info.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you guys want/need any pictures for the Gen 4 pages let me know, I have a 2000 SE Comfort with the 'tec. EATC, CD Changer, floor shift

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Originally posted by Kemo586@May 27 2006, 03:01 PM
If you guys want/need any pictures for the Gen 4 pages let me know, I have a 2000 SE Comfort with the 'tec. EATC, CD Changer, floor shift
Thanks man. I'll letcha know if I do :thumb:

I'm uploading some stuff as we speak. Maybe I can configure the G4 page to work for me.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between multi port fuel injection and sequencial fuel injection?

·
Registered
424 Posts
LOL, I thought so..weird. On another note, I have noticed LOTS of cars lately w/out a keyhole on the pass. door, what the deal with that?

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
At least in the Taurus, you put the key in the driver door and unlock it twice, it will unlock all the doors.

21 - 40 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
109 Replies
36 Participants
TaurusSHO
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing