Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering where I can find a list of Recalls for Taurus, and wondering if there have been any for body rot. My 2003 SES is rotting around the rear wheel well and I have seen a few others in my area with the same problem.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
No recalls for that; its called dogleg rust, but that only really happens to cars in the Rust Belt. There's likely not going to be a recall for rusting because its usually related to owner cleaning habits and driving conditions, not solely because of the build quality. Recalls can be found through sites like Edmunds.com. Google search your year/make/model for "recalls".

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Jul 9 2009, 06:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738185
No recalls for that; its called dogleg rust, but that only really happens to cars in the Rust Belt. There's likely not going to be a recall for rusting because its usually related to owner cleaning habits and driving conditions, not solely because of the build quality. Recalls can be found through sites like Edmunds.com. Google search your year/make/model for "recalls".[/b]
I must be lucky then cause my dogleg is rusted yet and my car is 13 years old . I dont know how big the rust belt is ,but I'm sure I live in it. I do know that my rocker panels are rusted through , I fixed them with a can of rubberized under coating and j.b weld.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
QUOTE (Stocker @ Jul 9 2009, 12:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738235
QUOTE (corey @ Jul 9 2009, 10:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738225
I must be lucky then cause my dogleg is rusted yet and my car is 13 years old.[/b]
Gen IIIs don't have the rust problems that Gen IVs do.
[/b][/quote]

That's because some genius at Fords thought the car would be quieter if foam was placed between the two layers of sheetmetal.......... :blink:

The foam holds the water/salt and that's where the rusting thru comes from...... :angryfire:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
That's because some genius at Fords thought the car would be quieter if foam was placed between the two layers of sheetmetal.......... blink.gif

The foam holds the water/salt and that's where the rusting thru comes from...... angryfire.gif[/b]
Must be one of those ideas that looks better on paper. I had a nice battle with rust this past winter, I now have about a 1/4" hole in the fender. Hopefully that's as bad as it gets...:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (Trevor @ Jul 10 2009, 01:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=738405
That's because some genius at Fords thought the car would be quieter if foam was placed between the two layers of sheetmetal.......... blink.gif

The foam holds the water/salt and that's where the rusting thru comes from...... angryfire.gif[/b]
Must be one of those ideas that looks better on paper. I had a nice battle with rust this past winter, I now have about a 1/4" hole in the fender. Hopefully that's as bad as it gets...:(
[/b][/quote]

It shows that my 97 Taurus SHO has no recalls. Is that right?

INSTRUMENT PANEL/DASH SEPARATION RECALL

I found this and my SHO definitely has this problem.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Went to Edmunds and found 60 service bulletins issued on my 2003 SES. How do I find out if the previous owner dealt with any of these problems ? The one that leaped out was a problem with rear window defroster. (top part of mine works fine, but bottom 3-4 rows are slow to warm up. Could be a problem when winter sets in.) There are 3 recall notices as well. Can Ford tell me if my vehicle had these issues dealt with? I"m clueless about how to check on history other than Vehix. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts