Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be soon in the market for buying another Taurus.

Looking for 03'-04' Duratec with about 70-80K miles. Preferably fully loaded.

I've seen these go for about $7,500 - $8,000. Is this to steep? Will I be able to get one for 6 grands?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
A Used car lot will have those prices, take a look at craigslist for cheaper prices, just make sure to have a mechanic check it out before buying it.

A quick search netted this

2003 FORD TAURUS SEL GREAT CONDITION

Nice huh? Just have it checked though, that could also be an negotiation point if anything is wrong.

You have been on here since 2008 so you know the common taurus issues to look for.

Troy.

·
Registered
10,574 Posts
I'll be soon in the market for buying another Taurus.

Looking for 03'-04' Duratec with about 70-80K miles. Preferably fully loaded.

I've seen these go for about $7,500 - $8,000. Is this to steep? Will I be able to get one for 6 grands?
Back in March, I sold '03 with 80K Sable LS Prem, loaded and very clean to insurance co for $7400. I bought it weeks earlier for $5800 cash, as is, with a bad wheel and drove it home on the spare. Bought wheel and tire at Pick A Part and put a new battery in it and it was good to drive.

That kind of brackets it in. If the one I bought was at a dealer, fixed up to sell and some warrenty, it was going for about $6500.

Oh yes, bought it back from insuance for $400 and put another $400 and some labor and it is on the road, 4K miles and doing fine. Some dents in the top, and fender.

-chart-

·
Registered
224 Posts
When my 04 Sable LS Premium that was fully loaded with the 'tec got totaled the insurance company gave us $6900. It had around 89,000 miles on it.
I think 6 grand even may be too low, but shooting for the 6500-7000 range would be in reason.

It mainly depends on where you look. We found our 05 Montego at a Mazda place and got great deal on it since the were just wanting it off the lot. Check Craigslist too.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

I really can't decide if I should stick with Duratec or 2nd gen SHO. How would well maintained Duratec with under drive pulley stack up against 2nd gen auto SHO? I will be buying very soon and there is just no nice SHOs in my area, just junk. Ofcourse I could go out of state and buy there but idk...

I test drove both before and I remember SHO can burn rubber from a dig like crazy, that thing flies compared to Duratec which felt a lot like my Vulcan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts