Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shipping is NOT included with these prices...will try to use USPS Priority Mail flat rate for sake of simplicity and price & speed of shipping, but can work out alternative arrangements.

OK time to clean out some stuff I've grabbed at yards in the past few years. If you would like pictures of something I don't have pictured, I'll be happy to take some. Click here for pictures of the items for sale:
Feb2011Sale pictures by beachbum86 - Photobucket

Email is a better way to reach me: nick(9)(8)(6)(AT)gmail-dot-com, but you can PM me (can't check TCCA as much when at work...)

Interior Stuff
00-03 Medium Parchment (beige) style, dual visor, with adjustable lighted mirror...has secondary visor. Both driver & passenger. Comes with entire harness past connector in passenger a-pillar. All cleaned up and ready to go. Color matches any Gen 4 Beige interior. Dump those unlighted, single visors for these. They are from a 2001, so the screw holes are exposed (2000s and 96-7s have a plastic cover). $30
--HAS BEEN CLEANED SINCE PICTURES--

00-03 Medium Graphite (gray) style dual visor, with adjustable lighted mirror, has secondary visor. PASSENGER SIDE ONLY. Add back the missing visor on your later built 01/03+ 2003 Taurus, or replace the ripped one. No harness, just the connector is there. Is from a 2002, so screw holes are exposed (2000s and 96-7s have a plastic cover). Works in gray and dark gray/black interiors, same headliner $10

00-03 Medium Parchment(beige) style dual visor, with adjustable lighted mirror, has secondary visor. DRIVER SIDE ONLY. Replace the ripped visor . No harness, just the connector is there. Is from a 2000, so screw holes are covered (2000s and 96-7s have a plastic cover). $10

(SOLD) Cargo net for a Gen 2. Has a couple of tears, but still in great shape. $5

Center rear seat belt for a Gen 3 that goes across chest. Gray in color, from a 96/7. $5

(PENDING SALE) Auto dimming/compass mirror Gentex 177 (GNTX177). Base unit plastic tabs are busted, but still holds around base OK. Wiring included, will need to extend and tap as needed. $5

1996-7 Willow Green interior moonroof motor access panel. 1 clip busted, otherwise there. $5

1998-9 Gray interior moonroof access panel. Great shape, $5

Gen 4 Sable LS Prem AutoLamp/Fog light switch. comes with snipped wiring harnesses. Still in decent shape. Does light up. $15

Wheel center caps:
(PENDING SALE) 96-97 Ford Taurus SHO painted wheel center cap (not chrome). B- grade. Definite wear on it. $5

(1 of 2 left) 2003+ Mercury Sable alloy wheel center cap (like this one: http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccpix/3360silver.JPG ) Has small tear from bozos tearing plastic a tiny bit but good replacement. Have 2 available, $5 a piece.

Exterior/Engine bay:
Toreador Red driver door handle w/keypad cut out. From a 98. Matches 96-12/02 built style door handle. $5

Gen 4 SEL/LS Prem hood alarm switch with good condition rubber topper. connector with donor leads included screws included. $10

96-99 V8 SHO Motorcraft IAC (as indicated by the blue dot on top and yellow dot on the underside. F6LZ-9F715.... or F6LE-9F715... removed from JY car, but like new shape, minus minor surface corrosion: $30

Gen 3 SHO front bumper license plate "bracket" (it's plastic...does that make it a bracket). Silver Frost (TS paint code). Comes with proper screws to mount bracket to car and mount plate to bracket. Came from car w/156K...it has wear $20

Audio:
(1 available) Gen 3 MACH Audio Package (removed from a 98): 98 part number RCU & MACH branded tweeters. Everything has been either run through the dishwasher and/or wiped down, tested, and reassembled. $75

(2 available) Gen 4 MACH Audio Packages (removed from 2000 & 2001): XF1F/Y2K part number RCU. MACH branded tweeters. Everything has been either run through the dishwasher and/or wiped down, tested and reassembled. $75 each

I have sedan and wagon brackets available...check with me to see availability on wagon brackets, currently 1 on below RCU and 1 spare left. No additional charge.

Gen 3 MACH RCU, F7....-NA Blt 49th week 96. Wagon bracket, ready to rock for any 96-05 wagon. $40

(3 available) Normal length trunk mounted CD changer harnesses $10 each

1 longer than normal CD changer harness for trunk mount, $10

1 super long CD changer harness with aftermarket audio connections, etc. $15

·
Registered
341 Posts
Dang Nick

And I though I collected Taurus parts........

Have a good one

Bob

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea Bob. Time to clear house. And I gota quit...hoarding? :lol: Oh well.

Have updated the list... both Gen 4 MACH setups are spoken and/or payed for. The Gen 3 MACH setup is also spoken for. I just have the 97 MACH RCU left on hand. Cargo net, dimming mirror, SHO center cap, and Mercury center cap are also spoken for.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Gen 3 MACH

Yea Bob. Time to clear house. And I gota quit...hoarding? :lol: Oh well.

Have updated the list... both Gen 4 MACH setups are spoken and/or payed for. The Gen 3 MACH setup is also spoken for. I just have the 97 MACH RCU left on hand. Cargo net, dimming mirror, SHO center cap, and Mercury center cap are also spoken for.

I'm new to the factory amp bit, but would that MACH amp from the Gen 3 work in my Gen 4? I think I remember reading it somewhere in the topic finder on here. Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Since we are talking about Mach audio, do you happen to know if there is a difference between a Gen 3 Mach RCU and a Gen 4 RCU

·
Registered
151 Posts
The MACH RCU's are backward compatible....

I'm new to the factory amp bit, but would that MACH amp from the Gen 3 work in my Gen 4? I think I remember reading it somewhere in the topic finder on here. Thanks!
You can use them all the way back to 1996.

The only difference that I've ever heard of between the Gen3 & Gen4 MACH
is that the Gen4 radio receiver accepts AM & FM stereo signals.

Not that many of us listen to AM for music anymore, but you have to remember the the bull's sound system was designed pre-mp3 and before
CD's for music were very common.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Change in design of circuit boards and minor tweaks in levels of normal treble and bass as well. Gen 4 MACH has more bass than Gen 3s. Gen 3s and 4s can hotswap machs all day long from any year to any year.

I thought G3 MACH also had AM radio in stereo? Didn't know that about the 3s, good to know!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Levels....And JBL

Change in design of circuit boards and minor tweaks in levels of normal treble and bass as well. Gen 4 MACH has more bass than Gen 3s. Gen 3s and 4s can hotswap machs all day long from any year to any year.

I thought G3 MACH also had AM radio in stereo? Didn't know that about the 3s, good to know!
With those tweaks - Are they really bad? I found a few G3's with tweeters and harnesses locally for $30, you pull - And I just wasn't sure. There's a JBL but the sub is pretty bad off - It flat out rattles - So could I just get it and would it make sense to just try to find a replacement sub? Or get the G3 Mach and just keep it simple...?

I only ask because I remember another post about how the Mach sounds nicer, but the JBL hits harder (Or can be better tuned), but I've yet to hear both myself. Everyone I know just has the same base RCU that I have. AM Stereo doesn't matter to me, I listen to AM only when it's severe weather and I listen to WHAM (From Rochester NY, it works here in Olean over 100 miles away). Thanks for replying, btw :)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think there are a few members in Rochester and Buffalo, and one of them surely has JBL in it. It would be good to listen to and see what you think. Surely there is a car dealer in the area with a high spec Sable or Taurus/SHO that you could listen to the system...or a member liek I said above.

I wouldn't say the Gen 3 setup is bad, it's just sounds a tiny bit more muffled and isn't quite as crisp (the 98 99 ones). Gen 4s are louder and a bit crisper.

The reason I tend to avoid JBL is because at this point it's a 15 year old subwoofer that is probably past it's prime. I sampled it in my car and wasn't really wow'd, but I put blame on that because I didn't have the JBL specific tweeters hooked up, nor did I have a quality JBL sub. If you can find a OEM like sub to fit back there, wire up the JBL spec'd tweeters and speakers correctly, and figure out how to make the bass travel through the rear shelf, I think you'd be doing AOK.

Unless you have about $1500 floating around, you may want to just go find a Taurus with a moonroof :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
lol @ the moonroof

I think there are a few members in Rochester and Buffalo, and one of them surely has JBL in it. It would be good to listen to and see what you think. Surely there is a car dealer in the area with a high spec Sable or Taurus/SHO that you could listen to the system...or a member liek I said above.

I wouldn't say the Gen 3 setup is bad, it's just sounds a tiny bit more muffled and isn't quite as crisp (the 98 99 ones). Gen 4s are louder and a bit crisper.

The reason I tend to avoid JBL is because at this point it's a 15 year old subwoofer that is probably past it's prime. I sampled it in my car and wasn't really wow'd, but I put blame on that because I didn't have the JBL specific tweeters hooked up, nor did I have a quality JBL sub. If you can find a OEM like sub to fit back there, wire up the JBL spec'd tweeters and speakers correctly, and figure out how to make the bass travel through the rear shelf, I think you'd be doing AOK.

Unless you have about $1500 floating around, you may want to just go find a Taurus with a moonroof :)
I'm leaning towards Mach for the simplicity of it. And with the moonroof, I read on here that the rollover bars (Or whatever is there to help the passengers) would have to be cut out to put in a moonroof, so I'm not going to bother with it. I got another Taurus for the safety, not so much for athetics. Besides, if it's anything like the Aurora, if the glass ever comes off track or snaps said track, it'll never work again (I'm just glad it was closed when it decided to crap out on me). Have to edit that signature!

I go up to Rochester at least every few weeks, so I'll look into it. I just don't want to sound like an idiot if I ask someone to hear their Mach lol. And dealers around here? Used car dealers don't know what "Mach Audio" is if you ask them. The last time, I was told all Taurus amps are the same, along with Sables. Salvage yards have no idea either, but at least they let you look around on your own if you ask (Usually).

·
Registered
1 Posts
newbie question...

please tell me Bull... will this access panel fit a 2004 Taurus SES?

"1998-9 Gray interior moonroof access panel. Great shape, $5"

thanks in advance..

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It covered the opening on my moonroof motor no problem.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Do you have a picture of the bumper?
And sorry for my lack of knowledge here, but what year is the gen 3?

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Almost a 2 year old post!! :eek:

·
Registered
600 Posts
O dam, was so happy that I found someone with a bumper, I didn't check the date.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts