Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just lookin around on ebaymotors at taurus's when i came across this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

Look at all the pictures and specifically the one with the picture of the speedometer, tach, etc. also notice that it has the floor shift...

I thought if you bought a floor shift model you didnt get a gear indicator?

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
That is interesting, mine doesn't have it, but I've also seen a few GEN IV with a window brake light AND a spoiler brake light....

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
That is interesting, mine doesn't have it, but I've also seen a few GEN IV with a window brake light AND a spoiler brake light....[/b]
Thats becuase someone added the spoiler aftermarket. It didn't come with the car.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I have a '96 LX with the shift indicator and floor shifter....even tho i never pay attention to the indicator...the tempo had me trained to look down

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that is odd. So i take it from ya'lls reponses that this is just a 96 thing. Anyone know the reason why they didnt put a gear indicator for the floor shift on the other years? Cost savings
?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems like an odd place to go for cost savings but ok. Thanks

X

·
0 Posts
My maxima has it, many luxury cars have it, sorta helps if you are too lazy to look down

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Jan 4 2004, 11:35 AM
That is interesting, mine doesn't have it, but I've also seen a few GEN IV with a window brake light AND a spoiler brake light....
Here's my bull with Factory installed spoiler (note no brake light on rear deck)

Better close up pic.

Representin' with: The Texans, In Memory of Lost Brothers, and TCCA

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
My tail lights are like yours too Trooper, but I have seen two with both, and one person I spoke too and it was an SES and they bought it new like that. Maybe they decided to put the spoiler on later at ford?

Although my car is definately NOT as clean as yours!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Originally posted by Troper8+Jan 5 2004, 12:27 PM-->QUOTE (Troper8 @ Jan 5 2004, 12:27 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Kermit
@Jan 4 2004, 11:35 AM
Here's my bull with Factory installed spoiler (note no brake light on rear deck)

Better close up pic.

Representin' with: The Texans, In Memory of Lost Brothers, and TCCA [/b]
Wow...nice squeaky clean black Taurus.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dang those are some nice taurus' there trooper and kermit. which i had the money for one of the gen 4's but i sure dont.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts