Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to mod my 1999 Taurus Lx and I want to know your opinion if it looks nice this way This the original paint green and i added some 18" rims, Spoiler, Neon lights and the fuel cap and the muffler tip also I need your opinion to start with this mods. And also I can help you if you want to know how your taurus will look with some aesthetic mods just pm the pic of your car and the mods you want and i'll send you a preview like this one

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
ichnay on the spoiler, it will serve no purpose other than something for people to laugh at, get SHO bumpers, performance muffler

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Yeah, the big ass wing doesn't really look good. I have heavily modified my Taurus. Have a look at my photo album on my profile and see if you see some ideas you like.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm not one to nay-say someone's taste in vehicle modifications. Do what you like, not what others like because YOU have to see it and drive it every day...

That being said...

I just threw up a little in my mouth...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
It's too ricey. But it is your own tastes.

I like the stock green that car came in. If you polished and shined it no mater what riced up kids think, they'll be jelous of a great looking car. The wing and rims just doesn't seem like you'd want to be taken seriously.

As far as neon, I like neon, I have blue neon on my car. I don't use it all the time, never on the road, only when all my friends get together and we hang out by our cars at night. It's just like having party lights on your car. [Use responsibly, the pigs love to watch you]

But if your going for performance over looks, try some engine or exhaust mods. Looks, try a new stereo, maybe footwell lighting, you know simpler stuff before going too far out.

@Jimmer, wow dude, I really like your car! Is that the duraflex bodykit and spider fiberglass hood? [Yeah I did my research on these things lol] That actually looks aggressive, looks great! I thought that duraflex one looked too stock from the pictures online but that looks nice. Love the engine bay too!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am going to mod my 1999 Taurus Lx and I want to know your opinion if it looks nice this way This the original paint green and i added some 18" rims, Spoiler, Neon lights and the fuel cap and the muffler tip also I need your opinion to start with this mods. And also I can help you if you want to know how your taurus will look with some aesthetic mods just pm the pic of your car and the mods you want and i'll send you a preview like this one
Forget the spoiler...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I personally like Green Taurii but then again I am biased ;) I think the rims look good, it needs to be lower though (Too much wheel gap) no chrome gas door (Those are for trucks) and the muffler should not be a "Fart Can" like pictured. Get a Magnaflow or gibson replacement muffler and replace the stock piping from the cat-back.

A FACTORY spoiler would look nice (I've been looking around the junkyards myself ;) )
The Neon Idea would be kinda neat but you have to check your local laws to see what is legal and not, police don't like it in my area.

There, that being said....

Troy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with everyone no spoiler that big should be on the car its front wheel drive I'd go with a stock spoiler or SHO spoiler. Lower it definitentely. I'd go with black rims but for that I am biased. I like the sound of the flow master exhaust so that I would recommend as well again my opinion. Here's my old car I know its not a Ford but maybe it'll help ya with some ideas. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3096619/2003-pontiac-sunfire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts