Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://stuartscustoms.freeyellow.com/Collection.jpg' alt='' width='1803' height='1253' class='attach' />[/url]

When I own a car, I try to locate memorabilia for that particular line of vehicles. I did it fanatically with my first car the Ford Fairmont (as you will see if you go to my website). I have pictured a collection of Taurus Scale Miniatures that I have accumulated so far. [i][u]N-scale cars are very small - only about 1.25" in length. HO-scale cars are a little bigger - about 2" long. Micro Machines are about 1 3/8". Tootsietoys are 2". Matchbox are 3".[/u][/i]

[color=blue]Front Row:[/color]
Atlas N-scale 1996 Tauruses (From Left To Right) = "Made for the first time ever in plastic, these models include intricate details such as seats, steering wheel, rubber tires, and side mirrors, as well as fine features like plastic head and brake lamp covers. Available in 12 actual 1996 Ford Taurus colors, these models are officially licensed by the Ford Motor Company®."

1. Midnight Blue
2. Toreador Red
3. Medium Willow Green
4. Rose Mist
5. Charcoal Gray
6. Vibrant White

[color=blue]Secoond Row:[/color]
1. Micro Machines Lights and Sounds Police Car
2. GHQ N-scale Pewter SHO Model. [i]You have to attach the tires to the body. it can be painted. I just polished the body of the car with fine steel wool, left the windows unpolished, and clear coated it. I did paint the tires black, the headlights white, the taillights red, and even the little oval in the grille blue.[/i]
3. Micro Machines Private Eyes Taxi. [i]It has a hole in the roof that shows a scene when you look into it.[/i]

[color=blue]Third Row:[/color]
1. Micro Machines Generation 1 Station Wagon
2. Williams Brothers HO-scale Plastic SHO Model. [I]You have to put the car together -body with windows, chassis, tires, front seat, and rear seat all come separate molded in clear plastic. The windows have to be masked when painting the body(not easy). I painted the body Brown, interior Almond, chassis Black, wheels Silver and tires Black. Then I painted the taillights red, the oval in the grille blue, and scraped the paint from the headlights[/COLOR]
3. Micro Machines Generation 1 Station Wagon

[color=blue]Fourth Row:[/color]
Tootsietoy Generation 1 Station Wagons

1. Blue with Red and Yellow Stripes on hood and roof
2. Pink with light Pink Roof and Purple Dots on Hood
3. Blue
4. Color Changing Light Blue with Red and Yellow Stripes on hood and roof when warm to Purple with same tampos when cold.

[color=blue]Back Row:[/color]
1. Matchbox Generation 1 Mercury Sable Station Wagon
2. Matchbox Star Car Generation 1 Mercury Sable Station Wagon
3. Unknown Manufacturer 1/43 Generation 1 Taurus Light and Sound Friction Car

[color=blue]The oddball to the front of that[/color]
Racing Champions 1/64 Generation 4 Stock Car in the Jeremy Mayfield Mobil One colors.

These are by no means all of the miniatures that are available. I know of others, but I have not been able to add them to my collection. I hope that this is a topic that has never been discussed. If not, I hope you enjoy it. I apologize for the size of the picture. later

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Wow, nice collection! Some of them look weird (especially the 4th row). I really like that burgundy sedan next to the Mirco Machines. I have that Brady Bunch Sable (opened package).

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Nope, as far as I know, this is a first....nice collection by the way. when youbuy these do the people look at you funny, for buying a "Taurus"? :blink:

The first car second row my fav.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
WOW! Thats cool! I can't wait for my kids to be big enough to play with Matchbox cars. I had so much fun with those when I was a kid.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they do look at me funny, I wouldn't know about it. I purchased all of these on ebay. They can cuss me up and down as long as I get what I pay for in a timely manner.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Jun 4 2004, 05:54 PM
Wow, nice collection! Some of them look weird (especially the 4th row). I really like that burgundy sedan next to the Mirco Machines. I have that Brady Bunch Sable (opened package).
Wow! Micro Machines, that brings back memories :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
That is totally ****! I've always wondered if Miciromachine/Matchbox ever made Taurus or Sable models. I'd love to own atleast one of those! Good stuff! :grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts