1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Agreed. The Taurus and Fusion are some of Ford's best stuff in recent years for the sedan market IMO. Of course, I don't know about the Chevy Volt....I mean 40 miles on a charge? I think there are better and longer range electrical and electric/gas technologies out there that would be better to own if that's your choice than the Volt. And then at $40,000....it's going to be a statement car if anything but I don't know if it will be successful..

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
:thumb: :banana:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Bullshit list. Why would you bail out the camaro and challenger but not the mustang, the better and most successful of the three? If you are going to put Ford vehicles on that list then surely the mustang deserves to be there. Which leads to another question, why are any Ford vehicles on that list? None 'need' a bailout :dunno:

(note: I only looked at the pictures, didn't read a thing)

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Cuz every mustang made in the past 15 years or so has been a steaming pile of **** :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 28 2009, 05:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721216
Cuz every mustang made in the past 15 years or so has been a steaming pile of **** :thumb:[/b]
Take that back!

COLORS
Exterior:
Performance White
Interior:
Charcoal Black w/Cashmere Accent
PRICING
Base MSRP
$30,995
Total of Options
+$7,980
Total of Incentives
-$0
Destination Charges
+$850
Net Price *
$39,825

MODELS

Premium GT 5-Speed Manual(GT)
$30,995
PACKAGES

401A
$395
EXTERIOR

Performance White
$0

19" Bright-Machined Aluminum Wheels
$1,095

Satin Black
$0

Security Package
$395

Glass Roof
$1,995

Tape Stripe Delete
$0

3.55 Limited Slip Axle Ratio
$395
INTERIOR

Charcoal Black w/Cashmere Accent
$0

Premium Trim with Color Accent
$0

Comfort Package
$595

Electronics Package
$2,195

Rear Video Camera
$240

Navigation System
$0

SYNC® Communications and Entertainment System
$0

SIRIUS® Satellite Radio
$0

Sport Bucket Seats
$0
ACCESSORIES

Accessory Package 1
$675

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
The real late model mustangs are late 90's early/mid 00's. When they still had the Cobra. Fox body's are my all time fav. I like what the did with the newer mustangs but heavy. The newest mustang looks like it got a hand from an asian designer.

But I'm not the biggest mustang fan so I don't keep up with all the mumbo jumbo. Just got a buddy that owns a 04 Mach 1 and usually just hear random stuff from him.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
QUOTE (mrcow32 @ Apr 28 2009, 02:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721371
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 28 2009, 06:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721216
Cuz every mustang made in the past 15 years or so has been a steaming pile of **** :thumb:[/b]
What's your criteria for being 'a steaming pile of ****'?

The 05+ has an excellent design that brought back the retro look that you now see in other domestic muscle cars (Camaro, Challenger, etc), it has great power, great sound, the interior/options I got with mine are great (fully loaded), and its reliable to boot.
[/b][/quote]

He may be refering to the fox body, 79-95. The one that was the successor to the underpowered and unloved Mustang II. The one that outsold its Camaro competition in the order of 2 to one. The one that introduced a whole new generation to the Mustang. The only car at the time that you could buy for under 18 grand that had a V8, 5 spd and over 200 horses. It's because that steaming pile of **** sold so well that we even have the present generation mustang now. Yes, it's alot better than the Fox body but it should be having been designed 25 years later.

I liked mine.
[attachment=29319:STP60374__Medium_.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 28 2009, 07:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721216
:rofl2: :lol2:

OK...

Then apparently I happen to be somebody that bought a brand new steaming pile of **** in '06.

I haven't had a single issue with my Mustang... it's my favorite car I've ever owned. Not sure what's ****** about it. :dunno:

Got anything to substantiate that? :hsugh:

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts

The 05+ has an excellent design that brought back the retro look that you now see in other domestic muscle cars (Camaro, Challenger, etc), it has great power, great sound, the interior/options I got with mine are great (fully loaded), and its reliable to boot.
[/b][/quote]

my criteria for 'a steaming pile of ****' is a "sports car" that cant get out of its own way without buying the super super top end model (shelby/saleen) :thumb:

QUOTE (allford @ Apr 28 2009, 04:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721402

[/b][/quote]

He may be refering to the fox body, 79-95. The one that was the successor to the underpowered and unloved Mustang II. The one that outsold its Camaro competition in the order of 2 to one. The one that introduced a whole new generation to the Mustang. The only car at the time that you could buy for under 18 grand that had a V8, 5 spd and over 200 horses. It's because that steaming pile of **** sold so well that we even have the present generation mustang now. Yes, it's alot better than the Fox body but it should be having been designed 25 years later.

I liked mine.
[/b][/quote]

quite the opposite, I actually like every mustang between when they started up until 95. I gotta give some credit, 05+ brought somthing back, but you guys have to admit, almost every mustang made between 95 and 05 was garbage. They are starting to get better though. Although the 2010 again is going back the wrong way :rolleyes:

QUOTE (LeeU @ Apr 28 2009, 06:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721438
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 28 2009, 04:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721216
Ya want to back that up, my 2008 Roush 428R against your Taurus on a road course for titles. :rofl2:
Check out my post and let me know???

http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66224

LeeU

PS.. I will be helping Ford out as soon as they get the 2010 Limited Taurus in that I ordered for my wife.
[/b][/quote]

Sure, ill do a road coarse with my SHO =) But then again you are comparing a at least 35k+ new sports car, which is still not a regular production version, to a $1000 family sedan from the early 90's, so if you want to play that game, something more in the same class would be a Lotus Elise and would out maneuver any day. Comparing it to a Taurus is like walking up to someone in a wheelchair saying you will beat them in a uphill race when your on foot

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
my criteria for 'a steaming pile of ****' is a "sports car" that cant get out of its own way without buying the super super top end model (shelby/saleen)[/b]
Really? 0-60 in 5.9 seconds is a car that "can't get out of its own way?" Sub 6-seconds to 60 is a quick car. I don't care if a Camry can do it...its still quick.

They are starting to get better though. Although the 2010 again is going back the wrong way[/b]
How so? The 2010 is basically the same car with a much-upgraded interior and new sheetmetal, with a little more horsepower for almost the same price. Where else can you get a V8, rear wheel drive, four seat, practical car with trunk space you can have a lot of fun with for $27k new?

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 28 2009, 09:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721479
quite the opposite, I actually like every mustang between when they started up until 95. I gotta give some credit, 05+ brought somthing back, but you guys have to admit, almost every mustang made between 95 and 05 was garbage. They are starting to get better though. Although the 2010 again is going back the wrong way :rolleyes:[/b]
I guess you're referring to the SN95 Mustang made from '94 to '04.

IDK man, I'll admit that they have their faults, but I think they were a huge improvement over the older Fox bodies (not to say I don't have any love for the Foxes), but they were very stylish, ahead of their time looks IMO. The newer Mustangs are absolutely kickass sports cars and you can't deny that.

I personally think both the SN95 Mustang body style along with the 4th gen F body (Camaro/Firebird/Trans Am) body styles were both ahead of their time, had great performance at an affordable price and have aged very well with almost a "timeless" feel to them. Granted quality wasn't so great for the domestic manufacturers, but neither was any other car. I'll be the first to say WTF was Ford thinking with the **** materials they put the 2nd gen Taurus interiors together with.

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 28 2009, 07:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721479

[/b][/quote]

my criteria for 'a steaming pile of ****' is a "sports car" that cant get out of its own way without buying the super super top end model (shelby/saleen) :thumb:

QUOTE (allford @ Apr 28 2009, 04:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721402

[/b][/quote]

I liked mine.
[/b][/quote]

quite the opposite, I actually like every mustang between when they started up until 95. I gotta give some credit, 05+ brought somthing back, but you guys have to admit, almost every mustang made between 95 and 05 was garbage. They are starting to get better though. Although the 2010 again is going back the wrong way :rolleyes:

QUOTE (LeeU @ Apr 28 2009, 06:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721438
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 28 2009, 04:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721216
Ya want to back that up, my 2008 Roush 428R against your Taurus on a road course for titles. :rofl2:
Check out my post and let me know???

http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66224

LeeU

PS.. I will be helping Ford out as soon as they get the 2010 Limited Taurus in that I ordered for my wife.
[/b][/quote]

Sure, ill do a road coarse with my SHO =) But then again you are comparing a at least 35k+ new sports car, which is still not a regular production version, to a $1000 family sedan from the early 90's, so if you want to play that game, something more in the same class would be a Lotus Elise and would out maneuver any day. Comparing it to a Taurus is like walking up to someone in a wheelchair saying you will beat them in a uphill race when your on foot
[/b][/quote]

I have had at least one Mustang from every era, the 08 Roush I have now is absolutely the best one I have ever owned, as I go back in years of progression of the Mustangs that I have owned the oldest ones were nice to look at but each and every Mustang coming back up to my current year Mustang has gotten better and better with each year. They are all different, my 66, hands down the best looking but like I said my 08 Roush is the cumulation of refinements that truly makes it a great car. My KB SC has been it the shop way more than "ALL" my Mustangs combined, nice car just very temperamental. As far as the Lotus, Youtube has a vid with one of the 415 HP Stage 3 Roush's, if the idiot would have not ran it off the track the Lotus would never have caught it, no way will it stick with my Trak Pak set up Roush with 475 hp from Roush, wait till I void the warranty and go to the 575-600 hp range that little Lotus will not even be in the same zip code. As far a racing your SHO, I was only kidding, but when some one calls one of my Mustangs a pile of **** I will call them out and make them prove it :D

LeeU

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
All im sayin is the mustang is behind engine wise and has been sense the mid 90's. SRT-8 / LS-2 > Fords Modular V8. And what good is a sports car like the mustang if its got nothing compared to the competition. And when I say mustang, again, Im not referring to any of the special kinds, Id love to have a Cobra/Roush/Shelby/Saleen, its just that the regular factory ones that 99% of the population has is underpowered.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (animex2 @ Apr 29 2009, 08:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721606
All im sayin is the mustang is behind engine wise and has been sense the mid 90's. SRT-8 / LS-2 > Fords Modular V8. And what good is a sports car like the mustang if its got nothing compared to the competition. And when I say mustang, again, Im not referring to any of the special kinds, Id love to have a Cobra/Roush/Shelby/Saleen, its just that the regular factory ones that 99% of the population has is underpowered.[/b]
This is the epitome of bench racing and not using any real evidence.

As indicated above, there is a significant weight difference. Additionally, the cars comparable to the Mustang (2 door coupes) have JUST NOW come back after a long hiatus... there was no comparison from GM or Chrysler for nearly a decade!

For the record a Shelby is a "regular factory" Mustang - it's just a trim level (and obviously performance package) ordered from Ford (specifically their SVT group). Cobras no longer exist but those were just another Ford trim model as well. Roush and Saleen are the only "aftermarket-ish" Mustangs. Plus if you're referencing an SRT why would it not be fair to compare it to an SVT vehicle, that is Ford's group to directly compete with SRT.

Finally, there are significant price differences. By the time you get an SRT-8 you're into Shelby Mustang territory and the Shelbys will destroy the SRT-8 Challenger all day long in power AND handling.

The only LS powered vehicle that GM has out to compare it to right now is the 'Vette and that's not even in a comparable class but there's a Shelby for that, too. Is the Camaro even happening at this point? There not mention of it on Chevy's website.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Im buying a Mustang now :p

I retract some of my statements, its a decent car. I just hate the stereotype of people seeing a completely stock mustang and everyone being like "OOOH THATS A HOT CAR ITS SO FAST!!!111!11!"

So I admit, I came into this argument with bias. Its just my girlfriend was all like "ooh yea, hes got a mustang, its so sweet" and im driving a ###### Taurus. Never see anyone sayin that about Taurii, LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts