Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as the title reads, I went off road today.
And let me just say, the taurus is not ment to be an off-road vehichle.

The car sustained considerable damage to the front right fender, and some to the passenger door, but other than that it came out alright. I just happened to grab my camera as I was going out the door, so I was able to take pictures of the incident.

To make matters worse, this was my Mom's car. (D'oh!)

Anyway, clicky.

(I'd be more detailed, but everything is pretty much covered in that link)

·
Banned
509 Posts
That really sucks.. Once you get to know people on here, you will see that I am pretty accident prone.. Like, in the last 3 months, I have had 2 accidents totaling up to over $6000

Welcome To The Club

·
Registered
870 Posts
Welcome To The Club!

Sorry to hear about your Taurus, at least you weren't injured and no one else was involved. It could have been alot worse, it doesn't look like alot of damage so thats a good thing. Good Luck!

J

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the club, too bad your membership had to start this way. <_< Glad to hear you're OK, though. Sounds like your mom took it pretty well, that's always good.
Out of curiosity, does the car have traction control? Hope all goes well with the repairs and everything.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Thats horrible that you wrecked your car!!! Glad you weren't hurt!

-Jesse

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by L0pan@Jan 13 2004, 01:45 PM
500 dollar deductable? GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! Why so high?
A lot of people choose a higher deductable rather than higher monthly/semi yearly payments .... 500 deductable, i think its pretty normal stuff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah.
a claims investigator came out to look at the car today...

she gave it a once-over, compared her estimate to the one we got from the body shop and cut a check right on the spot. i'm pretty amazed.

i still have to make my way to the dentist on friday though, i think i'll take the expressway....

·
Registered
33 Posts
your braking problem is exactly the same one i had when I hit a fire hydrant. my car doesnt have ABS.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts