Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I noticed today that in the new Burger King ad with the Cat in the Hat, there is a rear shot of the cat in the hat's "rocket car" in the drive through line. Well the car BEHIND, the cat's car is what looks like a Gen 2 white Taurus. I know it's white, and it definitely has the Ford Logo, and I'm pretty sure it's a Gen 2. Oh well. It's a taurus, so it's all cool.

-mobiuslogic

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I saw it. Yeah, it was definatly a gen 2. You ever notice how advertisers subtly sneak the Taurus in commercials?

·
Registered
147 Posts
You ever notice how advertisers subtly sneak the Taurus in commercials?[/b]
I sure do. And I'm just surprised how many Gen1's and 2's are still being seen in commercials/TV/movies, for being as old as they are.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I think they use taureses as props because they're cheap and readily available. Also, they're a family car so they promote the idea of family. Like "bring the kids to burger king, yada yada yada".

M

·
0 Posts
lol i noticed that when i first saw that commerical. i was like, wow, you're probably the only one that noticed that...dork

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
us poor Gen4 Owners are stuck with every Autozone Commercial...theres always 1 or 2 parked in the autozone parking lot in their commercials.... good or bad???

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Draconix@Dec 7 2003, 11:15 PM
us poor Gen4 Owners are stuck with every Autozone Commercial...theres always 1 or 2 parked in the autozone parking lot in their commercials.... good or bad???
Man, ain't that the truth. And of course here I am epitomizing there commercial considering I go to AutoZone exclusively unless they don't have it, whether it be for the Taurus or the Scirocco.

-mobiuslogic

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Theres one here in Ca that has multiple shots of a g4 for an insurance commercial. The insurance guys are driving it around while all these durby cars get smashed up. It's the only one that makes it out of all the wrecks. It's a silver g4 with the Duratec and a black leather interior.

There is also a blue gen 4 the men are driving in the new McDonalds McGriddles commercial.

-Kyle

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Dec 8 2003, 02:08 AM
Theres one here in Ca that has multiple shots of a g4 for an insurance commercial. The insurance guys are driving it around while all these durby cars get smashed up. It's the only one that makes it out of all the wrecks. It's a silver g4 with the Duratec and a black leather interior.

There is also a blue gen 4 the men are driving in the new McDonalds McGriddles commercial.

-Kyle
ive seen that one out here in the midwest. allstate or somthing i think

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
and theres a Gen4 Sable in an EPT commercial...LOL... they're in the car asking a gas station owner....

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I think I saw a G3 in that Jack In the Box "Deli" commercial. It's in the part where he askes that guy "Dude! Could you score me some cole slaw?"

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Hey guys -- just spotted a G4 Silver in the Peak Antifreeze commercial. Along with an F-150.

EDIT >>> Oh yeah, in a movie I was watching on the ABC Family channel called "Picking up & Dropping off", the beginning shows the main character trying to drive around a .... very dirty G4. (Jeremy would not have been proud!)

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
This is and onld one, but I just watched T3 on DVD last night. First the guy's Gen 1 gets rear-ended by a Toyota Tundra, then a few minutes later it gets crushed by a huge crane truck thing. Good special effects, but I wouldn't watch it again.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
The life of david gale has a Gen 4 taurus in it... it breaks downa nd smokes too hahahaha

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I bought the season 1 dvd of '24' and the main character drives a silver flex fuel gen 4 for a couple episodes.

When he got into it I was like "fvck yeah, taurus representin!!"

·
Registered
933 Posts
Originally posted by spragers@Dec 14 2003, 12:26 PM
This is and onld one, but I just watched T3 on DVD last night. First the guy's Gen 1 gets rear-ended by a Toyota Tundra, then a few minutes later it gets crushed by a huge crane truck thing. Good special effects, but I wouldn't watch it again.
saw that in the theater, I was embarrest when I made an audible expression of dissaprovement in their choice for acar to destroy. scared teh crap out of me actually, because it looked irrily like an SHO. I think there is a gen II SHO in the movie also, in the line of cars that the crane is destroying, but the clip of the movie ends before it got hit, if it even did, looked like it was out of harms way. haha I am such a nerd

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
In gov't class the other day, my teacher showed us Christmas Vacation. I'm sure everyone knows about the Griswold's good ol' front-wheel-drive sleigh, but that's besides the point. Anways, my teacher taped this a long time ago (back when Roseanne and Coach used to be the big TV shows on ABC). During the first commercial break, what do I see? A Ford Taurus commercial! It was a red Gen 2 and they were talking about it! the commercial seemed to be aimed at the average person who goes to work in an office. Pretty cool stuff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts