Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I saw a Ford Taurus commerical. It was weird because they showed a 2003 Taurus, not a 2004. I think the commercial has been posted before, though. This is what happens:

This business guy comes out of an office building and a driver opens the back door. He's talking on his phone and you hear him go, "mm hmm, change that to six..." They focus on the sound the door makes when it goes "clunk" when the guy gets in. Then the guy is sitting in there and he says "Yeah, put him on a plane today. Nah, I'll take the meeting, just keep it short." They show the Taurus pulling out from beside a Taxi and you hear the engine start to growl. Then classical music starts playing in the background and they get a close up of the wood dash with the digital climate controls and he has "CD-1" or something like that on the radio screen. They show the business man rubbing his hands on the two-tone leather in the back...he folds down the arm rest and rubs his hands on it. Then they go to a sweeping shot of a black Taurus with the chrome on the doors and SEL wheels. The business man says "Hold on a sec...Thomas! Did we get a new car??" The driver replies. "No sir, your cars in for service....this...is MY car." And they get a close up off the driver and he smiles. Then they go to a shot of the front of the Taurus and the lights are on...the speaker says "Surprise yourself, with the simple elegence of the Ford Taurus." Then it switches to a shot of it driving away. "If you haven't looked at Ford lately, look again."

It was pretty cool to see it playing again though. It was during the morning news.

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Yup thats an old one...they played that one a lot back late 2002/early 2003 when I was living in Atlanta.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by Nick986@Jun 7 2004, 02:54 PM
Yup thats an old one...they played that one a lot back late 2002/early 2003 when I was living in Atlanta.
Yeah they have been playing that one in Indiana for at least a year now. In fact it's been a long time since i've seen it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts