1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just about every time I step on the gas in the rain... :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used to alot in my G1 3.8l, before it started acting up, the car never had a problem breaking 'em loose 1/2 throttle at a light. now, I cant even get a chirp at WOT cause the tranny keeps slipping (yes the new one)

Used to be alot of fun beside the High-Revvin ricers that got a nice little chirp, and then passed by a Sable. lol

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Not trying to be a P00P, but why do it? Unless your warming them for the sticky-icky so you can race. I like my tires, and my wallet ;)

But when I was a little younger and less worrysome about replacing them, I'd smoke every set of every car I ever had. That's just irresponsible youth though :D

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I've tried, but I've never successfully had smoke and left rubber. All I get are chirps (when floored from a stop), but that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I do once in a while. I learned not to do it while turning from a complete stop after I broke my CV joint. Of course with my car my first thought was "f-ing transmission!". It happened right in front of a repair shop so I didn't even have to get it towed.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ya know, I've seen that picture somewhere before. Ah, yes, here it is.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
No that's not me on that mustang board. It sounds like some stupid kid.. ARRRRG I hate that s***.. I have a dozen never seen before pics of that car (and me) I will post as soon as I can scan them in, as proof it is my car!

That '92 I had really didn't have that much done to it. I had the heads mildly ported, milled .010" and a 3 angle valve job done, as well as a cone filter and stock SHO exhaust. It nearly ran along side my mom's '93 3.8L Taurus at the time. The 3.8L jumped off the line, but the 3.0L caught up by second gear and held even.

For that pic I ran through a little patch of water that had trickled down the parking lot from a sprinkler. But even still, that thing would get 5 ft of scratch or so on dry pavement.

Keep in mind that this was the "L" model, roll up windows, manual locks, no frills at all. So I'm sure it was lighter than my mom's decked out leather seat, sunroof, floor consol LX was.

Jeramie

·
Registered
478 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225+Jun 1 2004, 09:58 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jason8225 @ Jun 1 2004, 09:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-95SE@Jun 1 2004, 09:32 PM
my old 3.0L from waaay back when. I took this pic in 1997. I was pretty much the first one to demonstrate VULCAN POWAH in a taurus..

These days I'm hooked on the 3.8's, much easier and cheaper to get power out of.

http://green.lucidgreen.com/taurus/PICS/burnout1.JPG' alt='' width='400' height='165' class='attach' />[/url]

Jeramie [/b][/quote]
wow! :o How did you do that? :huh: [/b][/quote]
a neutral bomb i would guess....possible brake torquing.......could a taurus get that much smoke off just flooring it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
All you have to do is go in reverse, roll back, put it in gear and in that time where your car is still rolling backward while switching to drive stomp the gas and then stomp the e-brake. Hold it there until the rev limiter shuts off the car. It scares the s*** outta ricers at the stop lights. You gotta be a little crazy to try it though. I cant imagine its to good on the tranny or the axles.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Or, from what I have done in the company car (Volvo S70) :ph34r: is roll up to a speed bump. Put front tires right against it, without going over, then apply e-brake and mash the gas. The combo of the e-brake and speed bump keep the car in place while the front tires fog the parking lot. :p

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by jtkz13@Jun 1 2004, 10:15 PM
95SE check out this thread, unless you also post on a mustang board someone is claiming your pic.  :rolleyes:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?...15&page=3&pp=40
Looks like that kid got his @$$ shut down on that one. He admitted it though, so we'll at least give him a little (tiny) bit of credit.

For pictures, to get a big cloud, you could use bleach. That stuff gets really white and smoky when you burn it, and it's also very slippery. Too bad it's terrible for you to breathe.

I have been known to get on the tires of the 'tec, but up to this point, nothing too bad. I need my tires to last at least another year. My thing is that my buddy and I (who has a 2002 Trans Am Firehawk ed.) leave marks when we enter the parking garage at Drexel. As soon as we scan our IDs, we light em' up, and leave big @$$ trails of black. The concrete is pretty slippery, so it's pretty easy to break em' free there...

JR

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Yes, I've done it - but usually only when I'm pissed off (and no cops are around, don't need a ticket :ph34r: )

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I actually did it unintentionally the other morning after i had changed my plugs. Guess the old plugs were really robbing me of power.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Every time I leave the parking lot at work. I have to make a left onto a divided highway thats 4 lanes across going north, 2 going south, which is the way I head. and the median strip sticks WAY out into the street, so its a wide open rip across 4 lanes, then a sharp left chop which, if i time it right, is at about 30 mph, so the inside tire breaks loose and when i yank the wheel back straight, the a** end whips around and both fronts howl.
N-drops are BAD for our trannys, esp cuz the engine makes peak torque right above the max rev in N, 180+ lb. ft surging through stopped schyncros and clutch packs are BAD.
Better to brake torque with the wheel turned part way, when the car starts to move, cut back the other way. Instant loss of adhesion, especially if you start right and cut left. that left wheel just loves breaking loose. Going straight ahead on anything remotly close to dry pavement will get you a few little chirps, but nothing that compares to a 04 cobra clutch dumping from 4.5K and 8 psi from the blower. Yes, ive done it. Yes, im proud of myself. Yes, there were howls of laughter. Yes, the marks on the pavement are still there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts