Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to figure out by the VIN what Month the car was manufactured?

Do we have a break down some where of what the VIN means?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
the month is easy you can go out and look at your driver door there is a sticker that will tell you month and year of production.

as for either of the vin decoders above they dont give you any more info that what year the car was made. i have been curious to know how you find the exact day though.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
QUOTE (sable23 @ Jun 1 2010, 02:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808420
i have been curious to know how you find the exact day though.[/b]
You can get the information directly from Ford. There's a post here telling how to get it, a few posts down is a phone number as well.

Carfax and AutoCheck reports sometimes have it, but I don't know how accurate it is (and they almost never show up for fleet cars for some reason).

Otherwise, either being lucky enough to find a build sheet, or having a Chicago-built Gen I/II with the data plate on the core support (unless someone ripped it off like they did on my wagon).

·
Registered
183 Posts
QUOTE (Stocker @ Jun 1 2010, 03:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808423
i have been curious to know how you find the exact day though.[/b]
You can get the information directly from Ford. There's a post here telling how to get it, a few posts down is a phone number as well.

Carfax and AutoCheck reports sometimes have it, but I don't know how accurate it is (and they almost never show up for fleet cars for some reason).

Otherwise, either being lucky enough to find a build sheet, or having a Chicago-built Gen I/II with the data plate on the core support (unless someone ripped it off like they did on my wagon).
[/b][/quote]
I got the build sheet from Ford, and according to their records, my car was built on my birthday!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
My car just turned 13 on May 27th :D

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the month is easy you can go out and look at your driver door there is a sticker that will tell you month and year of production.

as for either of the vin decoders above they dont give you any more info that what year the car was made. i have been curious to know how you find the exact day though.[/b]

I would love to do this, however, when I bought the car the sticker had been ripped off. It was a fleet car up in GA before I got it, so who knows when it was ripped off. :(

I'll take a look at some of those other links. There is the FORD VIN DECODER: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp
for future reference.

EDIT:
I have contacted Ford's Representatives at the 800 Phone numbers listed in the other threads. I actually spoke to a representative that lived in Melbourne, FL?! Go figure. She said that someone from their rep team should be contacting me within 48 hours. As for the door sticker, she gave me two businesses that are contracted out by Ford to the do the stickers.

Business 1:
Marti Auto Works
12007 W. Peoria Ave.
El Mirage, AZ 85335
[email protected]
(623) 935-2558

Business 2:
ECS Automotive Concepts
1505 Quail Hollow Court
Ballwin, MO 63021
(636) 207-0954

Marti Auto says that they are only working on stickers UP TO 1989, nothing past that yet. I have yet to get in contact with a person from ECS Automotive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts