Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for part numbers in all the wrong places, while at work. I haven't been able to find the P/N and my owner's manual is at home.

Does anybody know the model number of the bulb for the backup light? I'm trying to find a halogen replacement.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Don't know if they changed it for Gen3/4, but Gen1/2 used a 3156 for the reverse light. You can also use 3157 as a substitute reverse light.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
They make 50 watt single filament bulbs for the backup lamps. I had them and burnt the bulb holder up though.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by SHOZ123@Apr 8 2004, 08:32 PM
They make 50 watt single filament bulbs for the backup lamps. I had them and burnt the bulb holder up though.
haha... sorry to hear.... I was wondering about that. I saw them listed in your Garage and remember you asking about trying to find some. You might try the "hyper whites" instead.... I think the change in color would make them as noticible as the change in brightness. 50watt is a hot bulb, esp a 3157 in a small space.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

A place called Herrington's used to sell those 50W single filament halogens. I thought they would be too hot for taillights, and *maybe* brake lights, but I hoped they wouldn't be too hot for Reverse lights.

I don't remember the output of the OEM incandescents, but it seems to me that a 35W halogen would be a fair compromise between addtional light and meltdown.

Where do I find Hyper Whites? [Insert your own joke here]

I agree the change in color temperature might reveal more without any side effects.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts