Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so some of you may remember my last thread: my 98 taurus died!! Well I am happy to report that i found a new engine and after some time blood and issues i finally got it up and going. now i am having a few issues. the biggest at the moment is once i finally got her going now i blew my front tranny seal!so i'm wondering if i HAVE to remove the engine to get to it or if there is an easier way to access and replace it? second on the list of importance is my power steering is not working which it is the same pump and everything else that was there before and worked just fine. and finally is i can't seem to get my a/c to take a recharge. someone told me i needed some special vacum tool but i never heard of one so i don't know. can anyone help? and i tried to work on the grammer thing also. sorry if i missed anything.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Ok, on the PS pump, does it have the correct amount and type of fluid? On the AC, yes, you need a vacuum pump to remove all the air and to test for leaks before refilling the system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts