Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there are projection headlights available for a 2000 Taurus?

My other question is, where can I find a body kit that will fit this car? I know you can get a 98-01 Honda Civic Black Widow kit that you can mold onto the newer Taurus's..but that seems like a hassle. Any advice would be cool!

http://www.aeiperformance.com/BlackWidowI.htm <-- 01 Civic kit will fit a Taurus, but needs to be molded.

Btw, this my first post

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Unfortunately, there are no body kits made for the Taurus. You're gunna have to do some excellent molding to fit on to a Taurus. I think the Projection headlights you're also going to have to fabricate yourself. The whole fun of having this car and trying to modify it, is that you have to create about 80% of the car's "accesories" by yourself! Trust me, after owning and modifying this car, you will be a better artist!

So you have a g4 Taurus, I take it? ('00-present)

G

·
Originally posted by Dmiles23@Apr 2 2004, 01:28 AM
I was wondering if there are projection headlights available for a 2000 Taurus?

My other question is, where can I find a body kit that will fit this car? I know you can get a 98-01 Honda Civic Black Widow kit that you can mold onto the newer Taurus's..but that seems like a hassle. Any advice would be cool!

http://www.aeiperformance.com/BlackWidowI.htm <-- 01 Civic kit will fit a Taurus, but needs to be molded.

Btw, this my first post
there aren't any projection headlights for any kind of taurus...although there are altezzas for the gen 4s. a member on this site retro fitted the s2000 projection lights into his gen 3 bull. you might want to look into that if you're willing to spend the money

·
Registered
186 Posts
Got to admire your spirit, Fire.

But bolt-on, Plug 'n' Play is good enough for me. I want mods to look OEM without getting my hands *to* dirty.

< contemplating adding SilverStars... >

See? PnP!

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
The body kit is made by a Japanese manufacturer I think. There's a weird fascination for our cars by the Japanese...the wagons in particular 0_o. There is about 5 different body kits for the Gen 2 Taurus in Japan, and I think there was another Gen3 wagon in that same lot that had a different body kit.

G

·

Yeah I was wondering how to get a hold of this ground effect. Can anyone let me know? Where is it from? "Any links? I see it's for a Sable... But is that a "FORD" emblem in the middle like a Taurus? lol, I mean it is the same car... but.... wierd...lol Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse, but Doc (the VP of TCCA) has tried several times to ask the kit's manufacturers to ship those over to us if we bought a mass quantity. well, the response was short and sweet. NO. the explanation of why not was abit longer, though. Said they were afraid to send them since the dockhandlers were known to be "rough" with packages. Good luck gettin hold of one though!

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts