Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to replace my regular sway bar but what model and size should i put in there and do they come with all the bushing ?

94 3.8 sedan with regular sway bar what would be the best setting

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
which bar u lookin for, front or rear? u can upgrade ur 19mm rear up to a sho 26mm and ur front up to a 24mm. check junkyards for them or on shoforum.com or on ebay. most dont include bushings or if u need new endlinks.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so front is a 24 mm and rear a 26 mm from a sho ? ok cool ill look into that thanks

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
The SHO guys seem to like a 22/26 combo to prevent tire lift. However, I doubt your stock suspension is as stiff as what some of these guys run, just some info for your choice.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
You can also try 24mm/25mm combo that was used in the Police package Tauruses (running 3.8l).

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill try that

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by mooby@Jul 30 2004, 12:40 AM
i want to replace my regular sway bar but what model and size should i put in there and do they come with all the bushing ?

94 3.8 sedan with regular sway bar what would be the best setting
Unless you are getting it new and it specifically says that it includes the bushings i wouldn't expect it to come with them. I'd suggest you get Moog TPR (ThermoPlastic Rubber) bushings from rockauto.com. I just got Moog TPR bushings for front and rear bars and an endlink kit for less then 40 bucks shipped IIRC from rock auto. Yup just checked, 39.14 shipped. The front was only 9.52 for the Moog TPR bushings and the endlink kit was 13.59 incase you care to replace those while you are at it.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by SHO Continental+Aug 2 2004, 12:17 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SHO Continental @ Aug 2 2004, 12:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bob Gervais@Jul 30 2004, 10:14 PM
Those size swaybars came in a 89-91 sho only
What size sway bars does a Gen 2 SHO have? [/b][/quote]
There wasn't one gen2 SHO stock configuration for sway bars. For some reason ford made several iterations of the "stock" SHO sway bar configurations. The following page has some more info on the stock sway bar configurations.

http://www.v8sho.com/SHO/SHOSwayBarsSuspension.htm

You will have to measure your bars (w/ a caliper) to find their exact size.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so ill check into getting some 24 25 f r sway bar and for sure im changing all the rubber bushing and all the rest of the crap underneath lolllllll
top plate
coil
shock
sway bar
and all the rubber componant in de direction

1 - 11 of 11 Posts