Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm sorry but I don't seem to be able to dig this info out anywhere for certain. I'm thinking of buying a georgeus (at least on the pictures) metallic red Ford Taurus 3.0i STW. No info about the trim level. It is a -94 model so it has the slightly improved Vulcan under the hood am I right? Does it take the E10 fuel? What does the Owner's Hand Book say? I doubt it is a Flexi Fuel model (did they even had those back in -94?) so if anyone has said model year's hand book handy how much ethanol is still OK?

Here in Finland 95 octane E10 gasoline costs about eight bucks per US Gallon and 98 octane E5 even more so I'd really like to use "the cheap" fuel! I'm already forced to use high octane for my 2-stroke Jawa because of the ethanol! The friggin thing could run with something like 89 octane if I recall correctly! Just because of the added ethanol...

First time poster so be gentle please!

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
We have had E10 here year round for close to 15 years and all my old EFI Fords (86, 88, 95, see sig for details) run just fine on it, with a possible slight reduction in gas mileage due to the slightly less energy content per gallon of E10.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I've heard some US car enthusiasts say that but I was unsure. E10 became available for us just the beginning of this year. European Fords support it from -92 onwards I believe.

The seller of the car claims it is a 3.3 v6. Clearly no Taurus expert ;) Here take a look Ford Taurus 3.3i V6 Tilava Jenkkifarkku! Jopa ilman käsirahaa! Käsiraha alk: 249e! Farmari 1994 - Vaihtoauto - Nettiauto Still no clue about the trim level though. Wikipedia said that all cars of -94 had matching color mirrors and other body trim so no help from there. Doubt it's an LX because it has the Vulcan under the hood? We'll see if I go and see it next weekend. Trade my VW Vento and some cash for a car with capital C!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That's a Taurus GL I can see the writing on the bump strips. no tach on the cluster either. I doubt it's a 3.8 under the hood, most likely a 3.0L. If you can get the VIN we can confirm that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a Taurus GL I can see the writing on the bump strips. no tach on the cluster either. I doubt it's a 3.8 under the hood, most likely a 3.0L. If you can get the VIN we can confirm that.
Thanks but I'm OK. It isn't like I have hundreds of Tauruses / Taurii to choose from! Funny how we have seven Taurus cars and 39 (!) Thunderbirds for sale on that site! Now that you mentioned it I can see the text on the side. Hard to make up anything of it though!

I hope I don't sound blashpemus but I'm torn between that red peach of a Taurus and a 1991 bad-ass gray 3.8 naturally aspirated T-Bird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts