Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio on 2001 Taurus is not working although the CD player works fine. Could anybody describe where the radio is located and how it is connected to the antenna? I heard that the radio itself is located somewhere in the trunk but I cannot find it. What the driver sees inside the car on the control module is just the radio controls... that's what I heard..... please help!

·
Registered
290 Posts
RCU is on the left hand side of the trunk, under the trunk liner. Should look like a metal box.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
The integrated control panel in the dash (the radio controls) is exactly what you've heard - it's basically a glorified remote control.

The radio itself (RCU) is in the trunk under the carpet, on the left side. It's bolted to the left rear wheel well in the trunk. Pull the carpet back (you'll need to pull off the plastic trim along the back of the carpet) and you'll see it - it's just a silver box with plugs on one side. If you have the Mach stereo, it'll have heat sinks.

edit: I'm slow and got beat :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
With enough time and reading, everyone can be a pro at answering the simple questions. I've come a long way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts