Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm in the middle of adding auto-lamps to my sable and pulling out the addon module (wish I'd have found the thread 4 years ago and saved the $90), and since every Ford sunload sensor since 2000 mine has an LED in it I'm wondering if I can tie it into the security lamp so that it flashes when armed like an Explorer or Freestar.

Wiring diagram for the cluster connector (C175) shows 2 inputs marked as security lamp, 1 goes to the PCM off pin 30 (DB/LG) and the other off pin 6 (RD/OG) which according to the circuit goes to the external ambient air temp sensor. (Yes, very strange it's circuit 788).

Any suggestions on which I can tap into ?

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Seriously, we don't have the wiring diagrams memorized in our heads.

Pictures of the connectors and the module would be useful in addition to the year and trim as mentioned above.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys let me clarify....

Seriously, we don't have the wiring diagrams memorized in our heads.

Pictures of the connectors and the module would be useful in addition to the year and trim as mentioned above.
Ok, all of the Ford sunload sensors use pins 3 & 4 for an LED that is used in some models (IE Freestar) as the security lamp.

According to the shop manual wiring diagrams for the 05 Sable/Taurus, the instrument cluster connector C175 has 2 pins marked as "Security Lamp Input".

Pin 6 (RD/OG) is circuit 788 and that according to the diagram terminates at the ambient air temp sensor next to the hood release. (I guessing that this is a mistake in the diagram labeling and it is actually the input for outside temp reading on the message display)

Pin 30 (DB/LG) is circuit 343 and it shows as terminating at the PCM.

My guess here is that tapping into circuit 343 is going to be my best bet (this is also the same circuit number, wiring color code, and diagram if I look at models that use the LED for a security lamp).

My question here is does anyone know of any other place to tap in that might be a better choice than a line leading directly to the PCM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts