Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I bought one of those on ebay for $10 for a special project. But I haven't done anything with it... yet :ph34r: ;)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Wow.. Who needs tapes anyway? I would rather have the rectro-Taurus emblem instead of the tape deck

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
Good! I've got one in my wife's 02 LX. Would you like to trade? I'm close to you in Canton, MI.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
That wouldn't fit my car. I have a GEN3, plus I need the CD changer control.

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
DARN!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the auction said it was a fleet LX. But I thought the tape-less deck came w/o cruise?

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
I have been in a gen 4 without the tape deck and the font is the same as the font used on the trunk lid of the gen 4.

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
:blink: That is weird, must be some special order thing.... :huh:

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Base model. Very base. Probably rarely seen at dealerships new. It's weird to see one not marked for CD changer controls.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Originally posted by sfhess@Oct 1 2004, 01:08 PM
Base model. Very base. Probably rarely seen at dealerships new.
I saw a ton of LX's at a dealership around my house when the Gen4's first came out. They had no cassette but cruise... I thought the radio/climate control combo looked weird until i saw one w/a cd.

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
Taurus LX models are the base Gen 4 models from 2000-2004. Only SE & SEL models available for 05. Cassette radio & speed control were optional items. I know. Bought an 02 LX from my bro. No cruise, no cassette (working on that though). Lots of LX's were available for new car purchase in the Detroit area.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Before I bought my 2004 LX I drove two others that had Cassette but no cruise. According to the '04 brochure the cassette was available as a separate option or with the "LX Speed Control and Cassette Package" that contained both. Speed control is marked "select availability", whatever that means.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts