Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previously, in a different thread, I asked you about my car throwing multiple transmission codes and CHECK TRANSMISSION. Apparently, it was a momentary problem because engine ran fine and car moved well in high gears. Not any more.

Now, TRANSMISSION CHECK comes on and transmission doesn't shift (25 mph @2000 rpm, 30 mph @2200 rpm). What puzzles me is AC doesn't work. Neither does radiator fan. Radio, interior lights, headlights, blinkers all work well.

Advice pleace.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FINALLY, I found the culprit. A 15A fuse (#28 in the engine compartment), not completely melted in the middle, but half damaged on the post, with one side completely singed. That's why the problem was on and off for so long. The first problem occurred about 6 months ago briefly.

Yesterday, the fuse finally gave up, disabling AC and radiator fan, which was the clue. The fuse has AC clutch, transmission solenoid, and radiator fan circuits.

Thank you friends. You all pointed to an electrical issue, not mechanical. And I followed your advice. You saved me a $5,900 investment that my wife told me to give up and replace with a new car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts