Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay my car has a 2 tone inside...The dash is black (charcoal) and the center console is as well...but heres my problem the rest of the inside is all tan. To me this looks repulsive along with being a giant pain in the butt. Especially when I want to show my car. So slowly but surly my car is being turned over to a very good looking car hopefully so if anybody in the lubbock, TX area has any hints or anybody elsewhere who wants to seel the interior of there car...plz think about me first....thanks

Speedy

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Are you asking how to change the color over, or just saying "look at my car?"

If it's the first, I can help ya. If it's the second...

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well, I have to say that I have the same interior as you and when I had the grey interior, I despised the tan. Now that I have the tan, I don't think I will have another car with that drab a** grey interior again. EVER!

Now, you didn't mention which color you wanted to convert your car to. You want it all charcoal or all tan? Either way, its never going to match and will end up an eyesore at the least.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Charcoal is technically a 80-90% cool grey. It's a shade of black.

A good looking color scheme would be to go black with charcoal accents, and silver or chrome highlights.

With the tan, I went with a black topcoat and 3/8" chrome stripping in the part lines, to seperate the two colors. I kept everything above the chrome lines black, everything below is the stock tan color.

My advice is to choose a color scheme that best accents your car's interior, or, if you have an exterior theme (flames, two-tone, ghosted paint, etc.), mirror that in the interior colors.

If it's going to be a show car, I'd do an interior/exterior theme, it gives the impression of being more thought out, instead of piecemeal.

Tom

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Black and Tan is a pretty nice looking interior especially when the tan is leather . I have seen some SHO's in that combination looking good. Plus the tan does stay cooler. I personally have a tu-tone dash, light tan bottom and darker brown top. Looks nice but no other seating but tan could possibly work. I also like the charcoal grey with the black combo so I guess I am just easily pleased.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see my color scheme for my ride...since I got the winterfresh green...or whatever the exact color is...it's gonna be green and black...colors that match up well....BUt my dash more or less black...or damn near close...which is y I want the rest of it black and not grey. seats, carpet, trim..the whole works..I just despise the tan like everybody else from there response..just curious to get a doller amount or see if anybody had an old Gen 3 that they might want to sell the interior out of it...

but thats cool either way...I think I will be going to show car eventually but serious years before that happens...and lots of money and inginuitive ideas cause we all drives Taurus's which has almost no aftermarket....but I got a long way to go....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts