Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

As you may or may not know, I am new to the board and just recently introduced myself, in that post I told you, the members of TCCA, that I worked at a Gas Station.
Working 40 hours a week at a gas station affords (affords get it?) me of many humorous and sometimes tragic sights.

In response to my introduction post, Qwertz9586, in his wisdom, told me the following

You'll be able to point out a Taurus or Sable in real life, in movies and TV, and just about anywhere! Scary ain't it? But hey, it might help you on the job if anyone needs help with their car.
His statement becomes more true everyday. It also got me thinking about the whole time I have been working out here if any taurus's stuck out in my mind and/or still frequent the gas station. And therein lies the topic of this post, so sit back and put your feet up and enjoy my attempt to make you smile.

oh, one more thing before I begin, I know that
:ttiwwop:
but please keep in mind that if I went around taking pictures of customers my employers proberly wouldn't take a liking to it. So without further ado I am proud to give you....

Tales From the Gas Station!
(que theme music)

episode one: the torna$$
(torna$$, kinda sounds like taurus, it's the name my friends call my car when they are making fun of it. but please be assured this tale isn't about my car)

It was a day like any other, the sun was in my eyes and almost everyone was going against the "one way" signs, my patience was growing thin. and apparently so was the paint of the G1 that rolled up to pump #8, it had more rust than paint. It would be funny if I was streching the truth, but I'm not so it isn't. Behind the wheel was an elderly man and riding shotgun was his elderly wife. Let me say this now, I have a weak spot in my heart for the elderly so I treat them with nothing but respect. Working out here has given me a sixth or possibly even seventh sense, bottom line is I know when someone is going to be trouble. So when the old man approached the window before pumping, I wasn't surprised in the least......

"exuse me sir, I stuck my credit card in the receipt dispenser and I can't get it out" said the worried elderly customer.

This actually happens all the time so I knew what to do, I nodded my head and went outside to help the man. moments later his credit card was back in his hands. then he said

"thank you, this is my first time here, could you show me how to do it?" he asked
"I sure can" I replied.

So I went through the motions and got the pump all ready for, well, pumping. He picks up the nozzle and I notice that his fuel door is still closed. So I say...

"Let me get that for you sir"

I go to open the fuel door and it comes off the car in my hand, this surprised me, so I let go and it fell to the ground. The old man seemingly didn't notice it because he unscrewed the cap and began pumping. So here I am, his fuel door on the ground with him ignoring it, I then ask...

"sir is that umm...normal?"
"nope, thats the first time it's happened." he replied
"oh, sir I am very sorry" I quickly said while picking up the fuel door and handing it to him.

He then tossed it into the back seat via the rear passenger side open window and told me not to worry about it. I said goodbye not really believing what he said about it not happening before and went back into the kiosk for a chuckle. When he started the car back up again, the exhaust was loud, the kind of loud that isn't done on purpose. He sped away from the pump and the gas station. He clouded everything around him in a trail of smog, his exhaust echoing until he was out of sight, but yet it still echoes is my mind, so I was able to recall this tale to tell it to you, my friends at the TCCA.

Thats it for This Episode Kiddo's!
stayed tuned for episode two, coming up next!!!

Episode two: The Taurus "G"
(you know how they got the SE,GL,LX, SES and so on, well I made up my own for the title of this episode, you'll understand after you read it.)

As of late there has been a G2 wagon coming to the gas station, to you know, get gas. When I first saw this car, I was awe struck on what this guy had done do it. Let me now list for you the mod's on this G2 wagon that isn't really in good condition to begin with, i'm talkin rust, not as bad the G1 in episode one, but still a lot of rust.

mod's on the taurus "G"

1. spinning rims
2. undercarriage lighting (it's blue)
3. 3 different sets of fog lights mounted, only one set work
4. a fart can ( heh I said fart)
5. blacked out tail lights and head lights (I mean blacker than night, they don't look good at all trust me)

these are the only things visible to me from my seat in the kiosk.
So, like I said. I was awe struck. So when the kid stepped out of the car, his pants around his knees and his flowered boxers showing, it was like he was stepping out of a different dimension, a dimension that, to me, resembles hell, only a little worse. We'll call it "The Rice Level Of Hell" for the time being. This fine law-biding member of the community then waved me over to the pump where he had parked his insult to taurus's everywhere....

"I forgot my membership card can you help me?" he asked in a grizzled voice
"ok I will let you through, but next time you gotta have your card." I said, because I knew I wasn't going to forget this car, I mean how could I?

He then reached into his pocket to get cash to pay me, and while I was trying to explain to him to pay after he pumped, his pants fell down. I quickly turned away and repeated myself, telling him to pay afterwards and walked away to the safety of the kiosk. He pumped his gas and paid me, making sure not to look me in the eye I noticed, and I didn't complain. He then sped away rather quickly, and due to the fart can (heh I said it again) I thought a plane was landing on the gas station. He still comes here to get gas to this very day, but I don't talk to him and he doesn't talk to me, just the way I like it.

And that concludes Episode two bucko's!
I hope you had as much fun as I did! Good night!

Tune in next time for episode three and four!!!!
want some teasers? ok!

Episode three: the construction vehicle taurus!
Episode four: The vulcan and the cummings turbo diesel!!!

OooooooHHHHH I can't wait!!

Well there you have it, whatever you want to call it.
I was bored while at work so I wrote you all this, and while I was writing this I realized how many taurus-gas station stories I have. So if you like what I did Let me know and I will keep on writing you these stories.

Everything I have said here is 100% true, I swear on my Taurus, so you gotta believe me right?

sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intent to do so

Hope you had fun reading because I had fun typing it, until next time, take care fellow TCCA'ers!

Legolyn

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Very original. I like it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Great writing! I can't wait for more.

then waved me over to the pump where he had parked his insult to taurus's everywhere....
I love that part. :D

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
:lol2: Enjoyed those stories legolyn ! Try not to rip off any more gas caps :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you everyone for the warm response, yes it is just like costco, only the store is called bj's wholesale club, costco is a enemy lol. I plan on typing two more stories tonight after my break, stay tuned!

Legolyn

M

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by mrcow32@Aug 11 2004, 10:00 AM
Hey, we have another storyteller here! Awesome!

:thumb:

I like.
hahaha, that's what i thought when i started to read this...i was like, "i hope these are as good as Mr. Cows" :lol2:

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Great stories....but I am thinking maybe you and Mr.Cow could collaborate on one good long story, that should leave us on the floor, those that it doesn't will be scratching their collective heads.

·
Registered
170 Posts
lol when i click on a tread and see that its this much writing i do whut ever other Dumb person does i say **** it and click back but today i felt like reading :) and all i want you to know is WRITE MORE!!!!! funny as Hell (not Rice Hell That is lol)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dear fellow TCCA'ers

I wrote up the next two episodes this evening and was about to post them when my laptop gave out. Apparently the power cord got kicked out and the battery died. Also, Unfortunately there is no time to retype them tonight, I apologize for saying that they would be up and then not posting them. I'll be sure to post them tomorrow for sure. Sorry once again, good night everyone

Legolyn

·
Registered
397 Posts
Not about the taurus in particular but what the heck.

I work at a stop and steal. We have this guy who drives a white taurus, looks nice and all, but here is the funny thing -

Around the time to get his disability renewed, he walks with a cane. The rest of the time he walks almost perfect.

don't ya love working at one of these elite fuel stations?

Last night I was TRYING to eat, but some retard chick was there talking and drooling on herself.

Not quite as neat as the lady who came in and staed for 3 hours, having a two sided conversation with herself. EVEN tho I was there. I don't think she even knew I was there.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Last night some lady was at the counter pulling out her money and spilled her nose candy all over the place. She was SOoOoO embarrased. She scooped it up best she could.

I asked her what it was, and she said - "Like you don't know".

YOu never know how good you have it til working in some squat like that and see society's finest members.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Damn...I would've gotten her liscense plate number and called the cops. That's really not cool. And she even "admitted" to what it was.

JR

1 - 20 of 21 Posts