Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm driving a Gen. 4 2000 Taurus SEL.
I am goin to move to Europe (Austria) in about 1 month and will take my car along, and over there you need beside some other things, taillights with orange turnsignal indicators.

Now my question: Does anybody know where I can get something like that?
I'm aware that I probably have to do some wiring, since there is 1 buld for light/brake,signals - that's all good. But I need to find the taillights.

Any (quick) responses are greatly appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
You can heat the taillight lenses in an oven, pry them apart, and epoxy orange lenses over the turnsignal bulbs. Or, you can see if Ford has a European-spec taillight conversion.

·
Registered
156 Posts
no you are imagining that.. they started to, then Ford changed it's mind.

More of what I mean go here

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...opic=5710&st=0&

I'm in England, I'm going through the same thing on my 04

Maybe we should start the TCCE (Taurus Car Club of Europe)

I know of at least 6 other Gen4s and a couple of Gen3s here.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by 00TaurusSEL@May 22 2004, 07:01 PM
Just get a pair of Clear Euro tailights and put amber bulbs in them. Simple as that.
uhh... no it isn't

the brake and turn signal run on the same wire. You would have to split them up.

Again check the thread I mentioned.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...opic=5710&st=0&

BTW, I checked with my bro (the Ford Service Tech) The 04 will fit any Gen 4

Jaguar?? not quite

:nothingtoadd:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So basiclly if I take a Gen3 wiring harness and a Gen4 taillight and do some modifications, it should work?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Basically, yeah. The harness should be plug and play so all you need to do is drill a hole in the '04 taillight and then get an orange bulb and your set.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The bottom part of the lense has a clear area. The light from the bulb in the red part will not shine in that clear part. That bottom part has the curve and separators that the toher lights have so all you need to do is drill a hole and pop an orange bulb in there.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
If they don't need backup bulbs there can't he just wire the back up lights as turn signals and then use orange bulbs? That way he could change it back later if needed to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts