Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.....i have a 2003 taurus and i was looking to tint my taillights.....and i was wondering if there were any products out there that i could use that you guys recommend...also if there are any tips or tricks for doing this :) .....i am also wondering what are the laws out there for tints of the taillights in ohio........thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
i live in ohio and idk abought tinting them i never did i did my friends caviler with a black out spray they make just for taillights one of your shops should sell it like northeast auto sports

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i looked on some websites and some of the tints are too dark....i just want to take the redness out of the taillights...mayb a 65% or a 50% tint

·
Registered
204 Posts
go to walmart and buy a roll of tint and make a inpression of your taillight with cardboard or something then apply it mayb that will work

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Get a roll of STATIC CLING tint (AutoZone carries). Not only do you get the glossy look like OEM tails but if you get popped for tinted tails you can take it off right then and there! Can't say the same with VHT. Also have a huge chance to mess things up if you're a novice spray bomber when using the VHT.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You can get tint film in 5%, 20%, 35%, 50%, etc. Just go to Wal-Mart or an auto parts shop and look around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
what is better to use to tint your taillights - spray or film?
which one is easier to install?
which has the best results if you do it right?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (BergMiester @ Jul 20 2009, 10:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=740960
what is better to use to tint your taillights - spray or film?
which one is easier to install?
which has the best results if you do it right?[/b]
Personally what i've seen:

Film
Film
dunno depending on how many sprays of VHT you are using or how dark the window tint is.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Use Pantyhose...

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
:rofl2:

:werd: The pantyhose is clearly superior to the film tint and spray.

·
Registered
75 Posts
my friend with an integra said he wanted to tint his tail lights. im like dude just use pantyhose its cheap and looks SICK. he honestly believed me for a lil while but i couldn't let him do to his car

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
haha i remember those pantyhose tailights... good times lol

If it was me tinting my tailights (again) I would go with VHT niteshades because that way you can get them as dark as you want or as light as you want and personally i think a well done niteshaded job looks much better than window tint, but i have seen some window tint on some Gen 2's that looked pretty awesome.

I just think it would be hard to tint a Gen 4 tailight with window tint and i know it is on a Gen 3 because I tried it.

Im not saying I did a perfect niteshading job on my tailights but I will they look pretty good and Wade (w2n) did a perfect job on his Gen 4, they look amazing.

just my .2 cents

this is a link to when i first niteshaded my tailights, they are not really that dark, i was just parked in the shade. All my good pics of my tailights magically turned into black and white photos on photobucket WTF

EDIT** oops forgot to post link lol http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?auto...amp;mod_id=6252

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey thanks....both cars look great!...i want to go with the window tint just in case i get pulled over for them being too dark :eek: ...but ya i found this........http://www.rvinyl.com/tintkits/smoked/taillight/ford/taurus.htm...it says 04 to 07...but will fit my 03.....i would get the 13% which is the light smoke...what do u think about this?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts