Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the interior lights come on when you open the tailgate? I think they should but mine don't. The lights will come on when any door is opened or the tailgate glass - but not the tailgate. :huh:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Does the door ajar light come on?
Spray some WD-40 into the latch, and open/close the gate a few time.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah-hah, no the door ajar light does not come on. Tried the WD-40 application to the latch but no success. Ended up having to remove the trim panel and completely clean the mechanism, now all works fine. Thanks :salute:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
The nice thing on the Taurus is when you open the doors and the lights come on, the trunk light doesn't also come on... In my Fusion it is really annoying because the trunk light comes on with the cabin lights...

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ Mar 27 2009, 02:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712894
The nice thing on the Taurus is when you open the doors and the lights come on, the trunk light doesn't also come on... In my Fusion it is really annoying because the trunk light comes on with the cabin lights...[/b]
I never noticed that in my Fusion. Doesn't matter though - all I care with the trunk light is that it comes on when I open the trunk.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (sfhess @ Mar 27 2009, 04:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712939
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ Mar 27 2009, 02:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712894
The nice thing on the Taurus is when you open the doors and the lights come on, the trunk light doesn't also come on... In my Fusion it is really annoying because the trunk light comes on with the cabin lights...[/b]
I never noticed that in my Fusion. Doesn't matter though - all I care with the trunk light is that it comes on when I open the trunk.
[/b][/quote]

Fold the back seats down and you'll see... The reason that I don't like it is because on my Taurus I've wired the reverse lights to come on with the interior lights sos when I approach the car at night, I get a nicely illuminated entry... Attached to that, I've used the trunk light as a trigger to shut off the lights... So when I pop my trunk the lights go off... If I ever wanted to do that on the Fusion, it wouldn't be possible!

I think the Fusion is wired like that because it doesn't have the torsion bars... Instead of poping up like on the Taurus, the trunk lid on the Fusion just goes "clunk" and you have to push it up...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts