Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my tail lights burnt out again on the drivers side, is it possible to replace those bulbs with LEDs ?

also the same lens seems to be getting moisture in it, I have taken the damn thing apart and dried it out several times and even got some sealant stuff around the edge of it but its still getting moisture in there.. any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
yea you can get LED's.....but im not sure if the g3 does the same light for turn signal....if you put an led on a turn signal with out this module (cant remeber what its called) everytime you use your turn signal it will blink fast letting you know its burnt out

and about the mositure.....i was driving behind a g3 taurus and the hole tail lamp was filled with water i was rotfl

hopefully yours isnt that bad

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea you can get LED's.....but im not sure if the g3 does the same light for turn signal....if you put an led on a turn signal with out this module (cant remeber what its called) everytime you use your turn signal it will blink fast letting you know its burnt out

and about the mositure.....i was driving behind a g3 taurus and the hole tail lamp was filled with water i was rotfl

hopefully yours isnt that bad [/b]
do you know where to get that module?

and no my tail light isn't that bad I just get bubbles and its kind of annoying

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
You can buy an electronic flasher for the turn signals. It replaces the manual flasher that is stock in our cars. The manual one relies on resistance for the speed of the flasher so without the resistance of a filament, it flashes rapidly. Idk where to buy them though... I need to know that soon too...

As for the LED's on the brake lights, if you do switchover to LEDs let me know if your cruise control still works. I switched to LEDs and mine stopped working but I don't think anybody believes me...

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
That one says it "may operate silently" does that mean that I won't get the clicking of the turn signal? Is that true with all electronic flashers?

And can anyone confirm that this is the right one for a G3?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
If it works on a 4th gen, it'll work on a 3rd gen. Rudy (2nd gen) uses the same flasher that I do in my 4th gen. It'd be mighty odd of ford to change flashers for one gen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts