Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know how to remove the tail lights? I picked up some VHT Niteshade and am ready to start tinting, but I can NOT for the life of me get the tail lights on the trunk to come out. Anyone do this before?

Edit: This is a 2010 model

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I figured it out. Here's a pic if anyones interested in the outcome. It seems to me like no one is really into customizing the new 2010 taurus. Oh well, this is what happens when a 20 year old gets a new car! Enjoy

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Wow. Looks GREAT with all of the black accents. The tails are a little darker than I'd do them. Does the 2010 have LED bulbs though? That would probably make the visibility sufficient.

Keep up the great work on it.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
please post a pic with your running lights on! gotta make sure that you can see those because they arent as bright as the brake lights and could be a real hazard behind that dark tint. ive seen hundreds of cars with blacked out tails that look fine in the day time and the brake lights can be seen easy but at night you can barely notice it driving.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll admit it was a lot darker than I wanted the tails to be. I used Rustoleum lens tint and in 2 coats it was that dark. Should have stuck with VHT. yeah at night you can see them fine however in the day it's almost impossible. I've had a few state troopers behind me since doing this and none of them have stopped me for it. My only concern is when inspection rolls around this december. We'll see! I'll put up a pic tonight with the running lights on. And no I didn't know there was a sho forum. But I feel like it'd be blasphemy for me to get on there and be like YO DUDES. CHECK OUT MY LIMITED. haha!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@monkeydad No the tails in mine are not LEDS though an LED swap does sound good now that I think about it..

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
swap leds, or lose the tint, seriously thats dangerous. i almost reended a galant yesterday with horribly night shaded lights, my are spray with 3 ultra light coats and they are perfect.

also i did the leds, they were still bright enough without them but this helped alot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@s2knott

I'll probably swap in some LEDS when I find some. Also the 2010 and up taurus' have a 3rd LED brake light in the rear window which is bright as hell so if you cant see that one when I brake you shouldent be driving. haha I'll get a pic of it later tonight!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.