Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, wondering if anyone else out there has had problems with tachs in there gen 4s. Mine is Acting like the tach lead is ground some where but when I traced the wire through the engine compartment I couldn't find a break anywhere. Sometimes I will be driving down the expressway at about 2.5 on the tach and she'll drop down to the pin and just stay there until I tap on it with my finger. Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this or heard of anything.

Thanks,

Nate Dogg

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I had a similar problem w/my gen3...and in my gen4, but the gen4 only happened after i tried to put in glow gauges and i messed it up :)

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
I've never incountered this problem. But it sounds like your sender unit is bad on the tach.

Adam

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I bought a dash cluster from ebay or junk yard do you think it is possible to replace the tach easily? I didn't pay much attention when I had my gauges out before.

Nathan

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Yeah, on a gen III, the tach, speedo, and temp/fuel are three seperate clusters. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. You will need the tool to remove the radio though. I just went to my local Ford dealership, and they removed it free of charge.

Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts