Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Taurus: The gauges don't start up for about 10 seconds after you start the car. Once they kick on the work fine until you shut the car off.

Ran code check but returned "no codes".

Checked fuses all are fine.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
check the battery. low voltage/bad battery play hell on the bull. seems to be a problem with 04-07s. make sure its tested under load. ( a/c, lights, radio..etc on )

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Have the Charging system tested (Battery First) a low battery can cause all sorts of gremlins to apear. Keep in mind that a low battery with a bad cell still may have 12.4v when the car is shut off, the only way you're going to find out if the battery is bad is have it load tested at your local parts warehouse.

*Edit - bigdogg beat me to it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem solved

Just posting the solution to my problem, in case someone else searches it.

1) Bad battery. Enough to crank engine but not enough to power accessories until alternator juiced it back up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
gauge's

:D Rick, not sure about the Taurus family but Ford in general has always used a "Constant Voltage Regulator" for their gauges. It's function is to stabalize the gauges for a constant reading such as fuel gauge not moving when cornering. The regulator is rather small and normally attached to the backside of the instrument cluster. Hope this info helps you, Good luck.
david

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
That would be just the fuel gauge though, this is all (Most) of his gauges. I am aware of the Fuel module behind the radio though, my bull did that @ 100k

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
:D Rick, not sure about the Taurus family but Ford in general has always used a "Constant Voltage Regulator" for their gauges. It's function is to stabalize the gauges for a constant reading such as fuel gauge not moving when cornering. The regulator is rather small and normally attached to the backside of the instrument cluster. Hope this info helps you, Good luck.
david
They havent used those in 10 or so years, since the instrument clusters became computerized.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was my battery

Thanks much for the great input. Battery tested bad at autozone and alternator tested fine.

Replaced battery and all problems went away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.