Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick Question...how would i wire a system to a stock head unit. Where would i get the signal for the amp from? The head unit is on a 2000 model. I would like to thank anyone in advance for there help. :D

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
The RCU in the trunk would be where you would find the speaker outputs from the HU. Get an amp with speaker inputs, and wire it in there.

The RCU is on the fender well on the driver's side. Look in my garage under "RCU" for a pic of the unit.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
You can also get a set of LOCs (line output converters), and allow the signal from the factory speaker wires to run on rca's and hook up to a standard amp. David Navone is supposed to have some of the best locs as far as price/sq go...not too expensive either for what you get.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Does anyone have a wiring diagram or color coding for the RCU or are they marked? I was thinking of doing the same thing until I can get an aftermarket HU.

-Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.