Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not THAT big of a deal, but for some reason I can't get past it...what's my problem?

I can't control my audio from my Gen IV's steering wheel.

I've tried strapping the remote that came with my HU to the steering wheel, but it's infra-red and having it mounted there keeps the IR out of range from the steering wheel.

I also haven't been able to find any companies that make aftermarket generic steering wheel controls for HU's :glare:

So I ask this question.

Is there any way that I could replace my current steering wheel with an early model Five-Hundred or Fusion that had integrated audio controls/cruise control that would work with my '05? If so, any ideas as to the how? I'm sure it would be costly, but this would be a future project.

I know that if I could get it working then I could buy an aftermarket audio adapter for whichever car I pulled the steering wheel off of.

Thanks for any and all info :notworthy:

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
So you have an aftermarket radio? Get over it. The remote has a lot more controls then in the steering wheel. There are a few companies that make kits to adapt them but it really isnt worth it.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Fusion and Five Hundred have different steering columns and wiring so the steering wheel probably won't swap easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts