Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for U-brackets that someone may be able to pull from a parts car (or someone removing their sway bars altogether).

I have 2 sets of bushings but the Ford OEM sway bars come with the bushings and U-brackets welded to the bar. I'm want to cut these factory bushings/brackets off and put new ones one. I just can't find the metal U-brackets that I need.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Any 86-99 will have the brackets u need. Next time I'm at the yard, I'll grab some :) Luckily any and all cars for those years use the same bracket, just the bushing is changed.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bull Geek, that would be great! The yards currently do not have much in the Taurus'. What you said about 86-99 having the U-brackets makes a bit of sense now. Even my Haynes manual showed the brackets and explained that they just pop on/off with new bushings.

Figures Ford would make 2000+ have 'welded' bushings on. :\

I would like to just use the new bushings that I ordered from RockAuto as I can no longer return them as it has been longer than 30 days.

Let me know when you can get to the yard and get them shipped out. I'll compensate you accordingly. Also, really just looking for the front U-Brackets as the rear on the 2000+ does not have U-brackets to hold it down.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
BTW I got a set of these for ya...shoot me an email: nick nine eight six at (G*MAIL) dot com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts