Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Sway Bar(s)

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  spridget 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a front 24mm and rear 26mm. Or possibly just a rear 23mm/24mm. Not sure how a want to go just yet. (daily driver)

Send me an email or a PM. Let me know. I can pay with paypal or other.

I live near Philadelphia, in NJ. If any local guys or gals know of a yard with SHO parts let me know too. I've just started looking online. I haven't even checked local NJ yards yet. TOO DAMN COLD.

Thanks

come on spring...

See less See more
#2 ·
Any sway bar from a Taurus (sedan--not wagon!) will fit. Did you check to see if you even have a rear sway bar now? Some Gen 4s don't even have the rear bar (cost-cutting by Ford.) If that's the case, even a 19mm bar will help you out some. I have one in my garage, if you are interested. IMO, it would be better to pull one from a junkyard, since you would be able to get the brackets and bushings to mount the bar with it. DON'T re-use the stock Ford rear end-links. They are crap. AutoZone sells Energy Suspension endlinks for about $15 that are 10x better.

If you are just interested in upgrading the rear bar, go with a 23mm. They came on most of the Gen 2 SHOs. If you go any bigger, you will get oversteer unless you go bigger in the front too. The 24/26 front/rear combo is a favorite for the autocross guys (and girls!) Some people report that the ride is a bit too harsh when dealing with potholes and regular street driving, but that is really just a personal preference. I have a 22mm front and 25mm rear bar right now. I'm putting in a 24mm front bar this weekend, b/c in the snow and ice, the rear end of my car likes to swing out just a bit.

Here are some links for you to check out...
SHOForum classifieds
Super High Output forum classifieds.
SHO sway bar information.

And of course, check eBay frequently for deals. I was able to get my 25mm rear sway bar for about $50 on eBay. That's alot better than spending a day running around looking through junkyards.

#4 ·
I have a 26mm from an 89/90 SHO. I have 2, one off an 89 and 1 from a 90. I'm pulling both front 24mm swaybars tomorrow. But I like taking turns aggresively and streets are pretty decent in my area, so not much to worry in terms of potholes and ride comfort. In fact I may just put in the standard rubber bushing to keep a little comfort. Let me know if you're interested or they're going on eBay next week.

-mobiuslogic

#5 ·
Thanks Mobi. I'm the same way about corners and my local streets and highways are in good shape too.

So you will have a front 24mm and a rear 26 available??? If so, how much for both a front 24mm and rear 26mm?

Let me know. Thanks again.

#6 ·
I didn't have the right size wrench to get the sway bar endlinks off, so I got them yesterday and will go pull them off tomorrow morning. Plus it rained a tiny bit yesterday morning, so it should be all dried out tomorrow morning and I'll have plenty of time to go gank the 2 off (2 24mms, I already got the 2 26mms.)

-mobiuslogic

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.