Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK i was looking on auto zone and they have 2 different part numbers for the end links one for drivers side and one for pass side but they seem to be the same and everything are they different? and also i have a set setting around my garage they look like they would work but they're just a little bit shorter then the ones that come on the bulls. would it make a difference if i use them. they're about 1/4 in shorter then the ones that came off the bull. i wouldn't think there would be a problem but maybe someone knows if there would be. thank you for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Right and left are different by a few degrees. The ends are clocked at about 100 degrees apart or thereabouts in different directions, not an exact 90 which might allow swapping side to side. This will make a difference in how they act with the sway bar and strut in terms of binding at least, if they even bolt up at all.

The different length may or may not be a problem. My only guess is that one is for the wagon perhaps, or maybe the SHO? You would just have to see if there was any interference with the shorter ones as the suspension moves up and down. Do not use different lengths on each end unless you want to preload the sway bar for oval racing or something like that.

My experience with these end links is thanks to a broken spring taking one out as it shot down the strut. It somehow snaked around the strut without damaging the brake hose or ABS wire... Or puncturing the tire which is what the recall addresses. Pure metal fatigue by the way, not corrosion as claimed in the recall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts