Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sway bar end links i must be an idiot but i can not find anything under the car that looks like a sway bar in the rear still have a ratlle sound like somthing is loose in rear end dont wanna just gueess and throw away money where is the sway bar end links in the rear if it has one. also is it common for struts to go out early on a 99 if it is them the car has only 42k miles i did sit a couple years i guess either way could it be struts as well . only makes rattle noise going under 30 and hitting smaller bumps

·
Registered
23,349 Posts
My early-build 99 has rear sway bar and stab links, the late-build has no rear sway bar. I would inspect struts and coil springs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car was built in march of 99 i dont know where the sway bar in the rear would be anyways these cars are simple but too many liltle stupid things thinking about jumping ship and buying a zx2

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
sway bar end links i must be an idiot but i can not find anything under the car that looks like a sway bar in the rear still have a ratlle sound like somthing is loose in rear end dont wanna just gueess and throw away money where is the sway bar end links in the rear if it has one. also is it common for struts to go out early on a 99 if it is them the car has only 42k miles i did sit a couple years i guess either way could it be struts as well . only makes rattle noise going under 30 and hitting smaller bumps
Why not just inspect the rear area for play/wear/damage and replace accordingly? That's what most mechanics would do. It's probably going to be pretty obvious once you get under there, whether it's a broken spring or strut, bushing, link or whatever.

I PMed you the visuals on the rear.

I wouldn't call struts going bad on a 99 early, it is 2011 after all. That's pretty old. Personally, I'm guessing strut issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts