Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I don't go looking for things to tinker with until they become broken or until i come up with some sort of new modification, so its not surprising that i never noticed this. While journeying down the lovely road of rust this week, I noticed that both of my rear sway bar links were completely rusted to point they actually snapped at the bushing. I also took a gander at the front sway bar and one of those links is broken as well. All this time i thought that my car held the road incredibly well, i didn't even have the assistance of sway bars. I picked up some used links at the local parts yard today (wrecked 95' w/ only 45,000 miles is a great source of parts). I will install my new links when i put the strut assembly back together on Friday. I am excited to see what, if any difference i will notice in the handling once i actually have functional sway bars.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
It should be a pretty big difference. Even going from a small swaybar to a larger one is noticeable. Going from essentially none (since it's not connected) to having one will be big.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're going to notice a difference! The whole car stiffens up when you take care of the bushings and endlinks.

Do you plan on upgrading the sway bars any time soon?
[/b]
I doubt i will be "upgrading" them any time soon, as it is the car will be getting an upgrade by just actually using what it already has, once i connect them lol. Right now im more focused on the cosmetics of the car. Once i get everything pretty and visually appealing, then i will start looking for performance things to play with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts