Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body check that would be nice to have new seat for comfort and desing

anybody check a 2010 seat or height lenght to be sure that if i make a new bracket i can still fit a seat ?

this is my new project

a 2010 sho seat or 2011 taurus ill see what seat i could get ?

oh and ive searched but did not find

so the 1 question would the seat be too big for my car ??

2 anybody seen the bracket for that base on that car if it still look like our base on a 94

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I doubt there is any similarity between the Gen2 SHO and Gen4 SHO seats. I would imagine that the brackets will not line up.

I do not know of anyone who has done this swap to date.

The seats do seem to be bigger then the Gen2 seats.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just need to find a seat and then ill know for sure lol not im sure people will have some car during winter that would have been in accident so nobody want those part so im sure i could get one for cheap and then have some fun with it

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Since nobody knows if it will fit maybe see if you can take measurements of a Gen. 4 SHO at a dealer and comare it to yours if by the looks of it might line up or so.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
I doubt there is any similarity between the Gen2 SHO and Gen4 SHO seats. I would imagine that the brackets will not line up.

I do not know of anyone who has done this swap to date.

The seats do seem to be bigger then the Gen2 seats.
The G5 Taurus is now a full size sedan. All previous are mid-size sedans, now carried out by the Fusion. My guess would be too big/won't fit without a lot of modification & fabrication....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts