Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my question is what should my next step be to get the ax4n ecu to compute with the axod new transmission. ive also tried the axod ecu and then the car wont fire. it will turn over but not start like its not getting spark.

2nd question should i reflash the new axod transmission?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I am not sure why you downgraded on the transmission. The AX4N is a better transmission. I would not go through on the swap.

The connections are also different after 2000 so there is some compatibility issues there as well.

You may try and find a CPU from the right year and transmission and see if it works though the new transmission might still have comparability issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure why you downgraded on the transmission. The AX4N is a better transmission. I would not go through on the swap.

The connections are also different after 2000 so there is some compatibility issues there as well.

ou may try and find a CPU from the right year and transmission and see if it works though the new transmission might still have comparability issues.
ya i already did the swap

have you heard of flashing the ecu to that trans and engine?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
You need to return the 01 trans and get a proper AX4N trans for your 97 (not sure what years are compatible). This is going to be more headache than it's worth, sorry.

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
You need to return the 01 trans and get a proper AX4N trans for your 97 (not sure what years are compatible). This is going to be more headache than it's worth, sorry.
True. You will never get this to work.
Your 1997 AX4N requires a 1996 or 1997 AX4N replacement unit.
1998 AX4N is one year only.
1999 AX4N is one year only.
2000 AX4N is one year only.
2001 to 2003 AX4N are the same production transaxles.
2004 to 2007 AX4N are the same.
The same year ranges go for AX4S replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oops sounds right looks like im gonna either find another trans or rebuild the orignal.

Is there a better kit that i should look for for a rebuild kit?
is there a rebuild manual u might lead me on to?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
oops sounds right looks like im gonna either find another trans or rebuild the orignal.

Is there a better kit that i should look for for a rebuild kit?
is there a rebuild manual u might lead me on to?
so i bought a rebuild maunaul off line its in pdf form if any one needs it.
So about that rebuild kit?
How are they to rebuild?
Hours, Days? what do you think?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
as for time it depends on you. there are guys out there that can rebuild one in 4 hrs. I think all fords front wheel drives are pitas to rebuild. however that is just my opinion. i grew up on mopar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts