Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 2010 SHO, that has wayyy too much chrome for my taste. Within the last 2 months I have had the tail light assmeblies all replaced due to the notorious chrome chipping TSB. I tell you this in the hopes that theres somebody out there willing to trade with me. I want the SEL tail light assmeblies that have no trim (its tail light from edge to edge). I would like to just even swap them. If somebody's interested in some more bling on the rear end, then we both could benefit from this deal. Mine are in brand new condition, so I would need to verify the same for yours. I am also interested in swapping my light colored LED bumper accent light surrounds for some of the black ones on the other models. Anybody?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
If no one has replied to you, may wanna check some local scrap yards near you for the parts you're desiring.

I know those LED surrounds are pretty simple to remove / pop back into place.

Shouldn't take much effort at all. Good luck and hopefully some chimes in here, cuz I'll tell you what, I agree, certainly sounds like a win win for both involved parties.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If no one has replied to you, may wanna check some local scrap yards near you for the parts you're desiring.

I know those LED surrounds are pretty simple to remove / pop back into place.

Shouldn't take much effort at all. Good luck and hopefully some chimes in here, cuz I'll tell you what, I agree, certainly sounds like a win win for both involved parties.
Thanks man. Ken (Classic Cars Online) guy over on the other forum had a set. Deals done and I have the lights installed and tinted. Heres some pics of everything so far...

Rear end blacked out (still need to rattle can the exhaust tips, and I am waiting on my custom oval still)...

Fender vents...

Paint guy even colored the 'SHO' badges for me...

Window trim blacked out...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. About to order the T-Rex black grill (top and bottom). Hoping that will wrap up the outside stuff (aside from the lowering springs) and then I can start messing around with performance a bit (tune, intake, exhaust). Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you. The rims are the same size as the stock 20" rims. I actually just re-used the tires on the new wheels. I really want to get somebody to powder coat them all black (I dont like the silver lip), but those little chrome cap nuts all the way around the wheel are plastic and dont seem to be removable, so I am having trouble figuring out how to completely black the wheels out. If only I could find some place that sold replacements for those things so I could just pry them all out and put in new ones after the powder coating.

Beautiful ride!
What size are your rims?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just thought I would share a pic of the back end of my car. Its almost just the way I want it now. I am still not done with the front, but getting into a new home is expensive. T-Rex black grill upper and lower are the only major things left on the outside of the car. Here's the back for your enjoyment...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would sooo trade u those silver pieces for my black ones... they are $55 each at the dealership.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would sooo trade u those silver pieces for my black ones... they are $55 each at the dealership.

Which silver pieces are you talking about? I got the black LED bezels for 13 bucks each at the dealer. I am thinking you are referring to the price of the silver ones? If so, dang man, they are a LOT more than the black ones. I would say I could sell you my silver ones, but dude they are a lil chipped up, so wouldn't feel right.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Which silver pieces are you talking about? I got the black LED bezels for 13 bucks each at the dealer. I am thinking you are referring to the price of the silver ones? If so, dang man, they are a LOT more than the black ones. I would say I could sell you my silver ones, but dude they are a lil chipped up, so wouldn't feel right.
YEA those are the ones,, the pieces that house the led fog lights. on the SHO'S they are silver. yup $55 a piece at the dealer. i was thinking that soon as i get my car back from the dealer, i'll just paint the silver my self. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts