Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to add aftermarket foglights to my 98' and really don't want to install a rocker or toggle switch. I noticed that my current headlight switch pops out just like any other Ford foglight switch. Just like my 2000 Explorer and 2006 Expedition) I haven't taken mine out to see if the contacts are there for the foglight connections, if they are I would just wire a relay and wire in from that point. Then I should benefit from the internal wiring control of not being able to leave them on and draining my battery etc.

If the contacts are not already in my installed switch, does anyone know if I can swap a headlight switch from a newer Ford vehicle that has OEM fogs? Are the wiring harness plug universal to the back of all Ford switches?
Then the only thing that I would be missing would be the dash indicator fog light next to the headlight switch when I have them turned on. Which I could live without otherwise I could drill a hole and add a LED to indicate that I have them on.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,412 Posts
I think the Gen 4 sable was the only model with factory fogs and the pull out fog light switch. you would have to look in your local j/Y for a Sable with the factory fogs to get the best deal on a switch, unless you want to go new.
They were only on the Gen 4 Sable LS Premium models. FYI

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
You can also use a switch from an F150

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,412 Posts
As far as I know, from talking to other friends in Australia who have a Taurus the road lights come on automatically when you activate the high beams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.