Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here put SVT heads, cam and intake on their 3.0L Duratech? I know there is a turbo kit out there for the 2.5 Contour, I just wanted to know if I put that intake on a 3.0L if the turbo for the contour would work. I ony have a Vulcan right now. I had a Contour SVT but I got hit by a drunk driver. So, when I get the money back from that I want to find a GEN3 Duratech and tune it up.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I think your biggest hurdle will be converting from a Vulcan to a Duratec. There are many differences under the hood besides the engine.

SVT heads and cams have been successfully installed on a Gen 3 Taurus... however it was wrecked only hours after the conversion was completed. The engine is in the process of being swapped into another Gen 3 Taurus along with a MTX-75 conversion as well.

It is rumored that there are a couple other members working on the SVT heads and cams as well. :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
The turbo or supercharger kit won't fit without at least swaping in the mtx-75 transmission. Even if you do that, theres still mods needed to be done. Id reccomend buying a contour again. Much easier.

BTW: its Duratec, no "h" at the end...

Did you buy the car back from the insurance company?

Brad

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I wonder if Adam can program something in so that everytime someone types "Duratech" or "Duratek", the board automatically replaces it with "Duratec"...

JR

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I asked the body shop if it could be fixed and they said it would cost alot more then it was worth. I don't plan on taking out the Vulcan. I will be getting another Duratec Taurus and let my wife keep the Vucan. When I do get to work on my project I will be having my father help me out. He has been working on cars all of his life, and has hook ups back home.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Sep 4 2004, 08:57 AM
I wonder if Adam can program something in so that everytime someone types "Duratech" or "Duratek", the board automatically replaces it with "Duratec"...

JR
It's possible by adding it to the swear filter (if the board uses the same word replacment program as EZboard).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts