Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wondering what is the best way to eliminate some of the butt sag in a loaded Gen 4 taurus, while increasing its handling? What is the best, and cheapest, way to fix this problem?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Hmmm. How about the front? I assume that the SHO suspension is stiffer. Are the struts on the SHO different than the regualr Taurus?

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
QUOTE (kawa3654 @ Mar 16 2009, 01:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=709287
Hey guys,

Just wondering what is the best way to eliminate some of the butt sag in a loaded Gen 4 taurus, while increasing its handling? What is the best, and cheapest, way to fix this problem?

Thanks[/b]
The best is usually a set of Monroe Quick Struts, they're about $115 each from rock auto minus the 5% discount plus shipping. The cheapest is probably just a set of springs. Usually the struts are also shot, but at 62k you might have a little bit of life left in them, but probably not much. I didn't actually replace my rears til around 90k or so, but just used the quickstruts. The only problem putting in the springs is that it'll probably cost a little more and then later on when you have to replace the struts, it's almost like the same amount of work to compress the springs again to take them out. The front struts are a bit more money, ($165) than the rears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts